§ 15087. Public Review of Draft EIR.
14 CA ADC § 15087Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 15087
§ 15087. Public Review of Draft EIR.
(a) The lead agency shall provide public notice of the availability of a draft EIR at the same time as it sends a notice of completion to the Office of Planning and Research. If the United States Department of Defense or any branch of the United States Armed Forces has given the lead agency written notification of the specific boundaries of a low-level flight path, military impact zone, or special use airspace and provided the lead agency with written notification of the contact office and address for the military service pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 15190.5, then the lead agency shall include the specified military contact office in the list of organizations and individuals receiving a notice of availability of a draft EIR pursuant to this section for projects that meet the criteria set forth in subdivision (c) of Section 15190.5. The public notice shall be given as provided under Section 15105 (a sample form is provided in Appendix L). Notice shall be mailed to the last known name and address of all organizations and individuals who have previously requested such notice in writing, and shall also be given by at least one of the following procedures:
(1) Publication at least one time by the public agency in a newspaper of general circulation in the area affected by the proposed project. If more than one area is affected, the notice shall be published in the newspaper of largest circulation from among the newspapers of general circulation in those areas.
(b) The alternatives for providing notice specified in subdivision (a) shall not preclude a public agency from providing additional notice by other means if such agency so desires, nor shall the requirements of this section preclude a public agency from providing the public notice required by this section at the same time and in the same manner as public notice otherwise required by law for the project.
(6) The presence of the site on any of the lists of sites enumerated under Section 65962.5 of the Government Code including, but not limited to lists of hazardous waste facilities, land designated as hazardous waste property, hazardous waste disposal sites and others, and the information in the Hazardous Waste and Substances Statement required under subdivision (f) of that Section.
(e) In order to provide sufficient time for public review, the review period for a draft EIR shall be as provided in Section 15105. The review period shall be combined with the consultation required under Section 15086. When a draft EIR has been submitted to the State Clearinghouse, the public review period shall be at least as long as the review period established by the State Clearinghouse. The public review period and the state agency review period may, but are not required to, begin and end at the same time. Day one of the state review period shall be the date that the State Clearinghouse distributes the document to state agencies.
(h) Public agencies should compile listings of other agencies, particularly local agencies, which have jurisdiction by law and/or special expertise with respect to various projects and project locations. Such listings should be a guide in determining which agencies should be consulted with regard to a particular project.
Note: Authority cited: Section 21083, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 21091, 21092, 21092.2, 21092.3, 21092.6, 21098, 21104, 21152, 21153 and 21161, Public Resources Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 1-30-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 5).
2. Amendment of subsection (a)(3) and Note filed 8-19-94; operative 9-19-94 (Register 94, No. 33).
3. Amendment of section and Note filed 5-27-97; operative 5-27-97 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 97, No. 22).
4. Amendment of subsection (a) and Note filed 9-7-2004; operative 9-7-2004 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 21083(e) (Register 2004, No. 37).
5. Change without regulatory effect amending subsections (a), (b) and (c)(6) and amending Note filed 10-6-2005 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2005, No. 40).
6. Amendment of subsections (a) and (e) and amendment of Note filed 7-27-2007; operative 7-27-2007 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 21083(f) (Register 2007, No. 30).
7. Amendment of subsections (c)(2) and (c)(5) filed 12-28-2018; operative 12-28-2018 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2018, No. 52).
8. Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-54-20 (2019 CA EO 54-20), dated April 22, 2020, which suspended the public notice and access requirements for projects exempt from California Environmental Quality Act review, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
9. Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-80-20 (2019 CA EO 80-20), dated September 23, 2020, which extended certain provisions from Executive Order N-54-20, relating to the conditional suspension of certain California Environmental Quality Act review requirements, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This database is current through 11/17/23 Register 2023, No. 46.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 15087, 14 CA ADC § 15087
|End of Document|