(a) These guidelines will be amended from time to time to match new developments relating to CEQA.
(b) Amendments to the guidelines apply prospectively only. New requirements in amendments will apply to steps in the CEQA process not yet undertaken by the date when agencies must comply with the amendments.
(c) If a document meets the content requirements in effect when the document is set out for public review, the document shall not need to be revised to conform to any new content requirements in guideline amendments taking effect before the document is finally approved.
(d) Public agencies shall comply with new requirements in amendments to the guidelines beginning with the earlier of the following two dates:
(1) The effective date of the agency's procedures amended to conform to the new guideline amendments; or
(2) The 120th day after the effective date of the guideline amendments.
(e) Public agencies may implement any permissive or advisory elements of the guidelines beginning with the effective date of the guideline amendments.
Note: Authority cited: Section 21083, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 21082-21086, Public Resources Code; Stevens v. City of Glendale, 125 Cal. App. 3d 986.
1. New section filed 7-13-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 29).
2. Editorial correction of 7-13-83 order redesignating effective date to 8-1-83 filed 7-14-83 (Register 83, No. 29).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending Note filed 10-6-2005 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2005, No. 40).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 15007, 14 CA ADC § 15007