§ 15003. Policies.
14 CA ADC § 15003Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 15003
§ 15003. Policies.
In addition to the policies declared by the Legislature concerning environmental protection and administration of CEQA in Sections 21000, 21001, 21002, and 21002.1 of the Public Resources Code, the courts of this state have declared the following policies to be implicit in CEQA:
(i) CEQA does not require technical perfection in an EIR, but rather adequacy, completeness, and a good-faith effort at full disclosure. A court does not pass upon the correctness of an EIR's environmental conclusions, but only determines if the EIR is sufficient as an informational document. (Kings County Farm Bureau v. City of Hanford (1990) 221 Cal.App.3d 692)
(j) CEQA requires that decisions be informed and balanced. It must not be subverted into an instrument for the oppression and delay of social, economic, or recreational development or advancement. (Laurel Heights Improvement Assoc. v. Regents of U.C. (1993) 6 Cal.4th 1112 and Citizens of Goleta Valley v. Board of Supervisors (1990) 52 Cal.3d 553)
Note: Authority cited: Section 21083, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 21000-21176, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 7-13-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 29).
2. Editorial correction of 7-13-83 order redesignating effective date to 8-1-83 filed 7-14-83 (Register 83, No. 29).
3. Editorial correction of 7-13-83 order filed 7-26-83 (Register 83, No. 33).
4. New subsections (g)-(j) filed 10-26-98; operative 10-26-98 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 21087 (Register 98, No. 44).
5. Change without regulatory effect amending Note filed 10-6-2005 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2005, No. 40).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 15003, 14 CA ADC § 15003
|End of Document|