§ 72623. Laundry.
22 CA ADC § 72623BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 5. Licensing and Certification of Health Facilities, Home Health Agencies, Clinics, and Referral Agencies
Chapter 3. Skilled Nursing Facilities
Article 6. Physical Plant (Refs & Annos)
22 CCR § 72623
§ 72623. Laundry.
(a) When a facility operates its own laundry, such laundry shall be:
(1) Located in relationship to other areas so that steam, odors, lint and objectionable noises do not reach patient or personnel areas.
(2) Adequate in size, well-lighted and ventilated to meet the needs of the facility.
(3) Laundry equipment shall be of a suitable capacity, kept in good repair and maintained in a sanitary condition.
(4) The laundry space shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
(b) If the facility does not maintain a laundry service, the commercial laundry utilized shall meet the standards of this section.
(c) Laundry areas shall have, at a minimum, the following:
(1) Separate rooms for the storage of clean linen and soiled linen.
(2) Handwashing and toilet facilities maintained at locations convenient for laundry personnel.
(3) Separate linen carts labeled “soiled” or “clean linen” and constructed of washable materials which shall be laundered or suitably cleaned as needed to maintain sanitation.
(d) Written procedures for handling, storage, transportation and processing of linens shall be posted in the laundry and shall be implemented.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 208(a) and 1275, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 1276, Health and Safety Code.
This database is current through 4/22/22 Register 2022, No. 16
22 CCR § 72623, 22 CA ADC § 72623
|End of Document|