§ 59063. Staff Training.
17 CA ADC § 59063BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 2. Health and Welfare Agency - Department of Developmental Services Regulations
Chapter 3. Community Services
Subchapter 24. Enhanced Behavioral Supports Homes
Article 8. Personnel
17 CCR § 59063
§ 59063. Staff Training.
(a) The administrator shall ensure that direct care staff complete a minimum of 32 hours of on-site orientation within the first 40 hours of employment. The on-site orientation must include the training required pursuant to Title 22, California Code of Regulations Sections 80065(f) and 84065(i) as applicable to the facility's licensure type, and must also address the following:
(1) The specialized needs of each of the consumers;
(2) Consumers' rights and protections pursuant to Sections 50500-50550 and Title 22, California Code of Regulations sections as follows:
(A) Section 84072 for an Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home licensed as a group home.
(B) Sections 85072 and 80072 for an Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home licensed as an adult residential facility.
(3) The facility's program plan;
(4) Implementation of the consumers' IPPs;
(5) Health and emergency procedures, including fire safety;
(6) The disaster and mass casualty plan required in Title 22, California Code of Regulations, Section 80023, including emergency evacuation and exit procedures when secured perimeters/delayed egress are in use;
(7) Identification and reporting of special incidents, as required by Section 54327(b);
(8) Identification and reporting of suspected consumer abuse and neglect; and
(9) Assistance to consumers with prescribed medications.
(b) In addition to the on-site orientation, the administrator shall ensure that direct care staff receive a minimum of 16 hours of emergency intervention training, which must include the techniques the licensee will use to prevent injury and maintain safety regarding consumers who are a danger to self or others and must emphasize positive behavioral supports and techniques that are alternatives to physical restraints, pursuant to Title 22, California Code of Regulations, Sections 85322, 85365 and 89965(i).
(c) A direct care staff person may not implement emergency interventions prior to successfully completing the training required in subdivision (b).
(d) In addition to the training required by subdivisions (a) and (b), the administrator shall ensure that, prior to providing direct consumer care, direct care staff receive hands-on training in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation by a certified instructor.
(1) Direct care staff shall maintain current certifications in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The administrator shall maintain the certifications in facility personnel records.
(2) Cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification must be renewed annually.
(e) The administrator shall ensure that direct care staff complete the competency-based training required by Section 4695.2(a) and (d) of the Welfare and Institutions Code, pursuant to Section 56033(b)-(g),(i). Direct care staff shall successfully complete both segments of the competency-based training and passage of the competency test, or pass the challenge test, prior to or within one year of employment at the Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home.
Note: Authority cited: Section 4684.86, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Section 4684.86, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 2-5-2016 as a deemed emergency pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code section 4684.86; operative 2-5-2016 (Register 2016, No. 6). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 24 months. The emergency regulations may be readopted and remain in effect until approval of the Certificate of Compliance.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 2-5-2016 order, including amendment of section, transmitted to OAL 3-27-2017 and filed 5-9-2017; amendments operative 5-9-2017 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2017, No. 19).
This database is current through 1/3/20 Register 2020, No. 1
17 CCR § 59063, 17 CA ADC § 59063
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|