§ 56772. Staffing Ratio.
17 CA ADC § 56772BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 2. Health and Welfare Agency - Department of Developmental Services Regulations
Chapter 3. Community Services
Subchapter 5. Standards for Nonresidential Services
Article 4. Additional Standards for Infant Development Programs
17 CCR § 56772
§ 56772. Staffing Ratio.
(a) A staffing ratio shall be approved for each infant development program by the Department pursuant to this section. This ratio shall be based on the program's design, the curriculum as vendored, the characteristics and needs of the consumers to be served and the number of consumers enrolled.
(b) Infant development programs shall provide a direct care staff-to-consumer ratio of:
(1) 1:1 when the service is conducted on an individual basis;
(2) 1:2 when the service is conducted on both an individual and group basis and the proportion of consumers receiving direct services on an individual basis when averaged with the consumers receiving direct services on a group basis yields a staffing ratio of 1:2; or
(3) 1:3 when the service is conducted on a group basis.
(c) The vendor shall maintain the approved staffing ratio during its direct service hours, which shall be determined by a numerical comparison of the number of individuals on duty as direct care staff with the number of consumers in attendance. If the numerical comparison results in a fraction, more than one-half of a staff person shall be rounded up to the next whole number. Less than one-half of a staff person shall be rounded up to the next one-half of a whole number. One-half of a staff person shall not be rounded. The vendor shall not count subcontractors authorized pursuant to section 56710 (b) of these regulations as staff for the purpose of computing the direct care staff-to-consumer ratio for rate-setting purposes.
Note: Authority cited: Section 4691, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Section 4691, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 6-26-90 as an emergency; operative 7-1-90 (Register 90, No. 36). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-29-90 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-26-90 order transmitted to OAL 9-28-90 and filed 10-29-90 (Register 90, No. 46).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending section filed 1-17-97 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 97, No. 3).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
17 CCR § 56772, 17 CA ADC § 56772
|End of Document|