§ 18733.3. Evaluation of Alternatives.
14 CA ADC § 18733.3BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 7. Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
Chapter 9. Planning Guidelines and Procedures for Preparing and Revising Countywide Integrated Waste Management Plans
Article 6.2. Source Reduction and Recycling Elements
14 CCR § 18733.3
§ 18733.3. Evaluation of Alternatives.
Each component shall include an evaluation of diversion alternatives which have been considered for local implementation for the purpose of achieving the objectives required in section 18733.1, of this Article.
(a) Each alternative considered shall be evaluated in terms of the following criteria and any other local considerations:
(1) effectiveness in reducing either solid waste volume, weight, percentage in weight or its volumetric equivalent;
(2) hazard created by the alternative considered;
(3) ability to accommodate changing economic, technological, and social conditions;
(4) consequences of the diversion alternative on the characterized waste, such as shifting solid waste generation from one type of solid waste to another;
(5) whether it can be implemented in the short-term and medium-term planning periods; and
(6) the need for expanding existing facilities or building new facilities to support implementation of the alternative.
(b) In addition, the evaluation shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) a discussion of the consistency of each alternative with applicable local policies, plans, and ordinances based upon local conditions;
(2) a discussion of any institutional barriers to local implementation of each alternative;
(3) an estimate of the costs related to the implementation of each alternative being evaluated for the short-term and medium-term planning periods; and
(4) a discussion of the availability of local, regional, state, national, and international end-uses for the materials which would be diverted through implementation of each alternative being considered.
Note: Authority cited: Section 40502, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 40900(c), 41053, 41073, 41203, 41250, 41260, 41353, 41373, 41403, 41450, 41460, 41780 and 41780.1, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 3-19-90 as an emergency; operative 3-19-90 (Register 90, No. 14). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 7-17-90. For prior history see Registers 89, No. 1 and 83, No. 6.
2. New section refiled 7-6-90 as an emergency; operative 7-17-90 (Register 90, No. 37). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 11-14-90 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Editorial correction of Certificate of Compliance due date in HISTORY 2 (Register 91, No. 13).
4. Request for readoption of 7-6-90 emergency regulations approved by OAL 11-6-90 but never filed with Secretary of State. Section repealed by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(e) (Register 91, No. 13).
5. New section refiled 2-15-91 as an emergency; operative 2-15-91 (Register 91, No. 13). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-17-91 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
6. Certificate of Compliance as to 2-14-91 order transmitted to OAL 4-29-91 and filed 5-29-91 (Register 91, No. 37).
7. Amendment of Note filed 1-3-94 as an emergency; operative 1-3-94 (Register 94, No.1). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-3-97 per Public Resources Code section 40502(c) or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
8. Certificate of Compliance as to 1-3-94 order, including additional amendment of Note, transmitted to OAL 12-31-96 and filed 2-13-97 (Register 97, No. 7).
This database is current through 5/13/22 Register 2022, No. 19
14 CCR § 18733.3, 14 CA ADC § 18733.3
|End of Document|