§ 17974. Penalties.
14 CA ADC § 17974BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 7. Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
Chapter 4. Resource Conservation Programs
Article 4. Recycled Content Newsprint
14 CCR § 17974
§ 17974. Penalties.
What can happen to me if I make a false or misleading certification or I do not comply with the statutory requirements?
(a) Any person who does not comply with the statutory requirements for this program may be found guilty of an infraction, and/or may be subject to civil penalties. The Board may assess civil penalties of up to $1,000 per violation, subject to notice and hearing.
(b) Late filers and non-filers of Newsprint Consumer Certifications (Form 430) shall be subject to the graduated penalty structure below:
1. Any Consumer of Newsprint who files a certification at least 45 days late will be assessed a $500 civil penalty.
2. Any Consumer of Newsprint who files a certification more than 90 days late and/or fails to file will be assessed a $1,000 civil penalty.
(c) Any civil penalties assessed against a late or non-filer of the Form 430 shall be assessed by the Executive Director.
(d) A Consumer of Newsprint may appeal the penalty assessed above to the full Board within ten (10) working days of receipt of the Notice of Penalty. This appeal must be made in writing and must be addressed to the Executive Director of the Board. The Executive Director shall calendar the appeal for hearing by the Board within thirty (30) days of receipt of the written notification by the Consumer of Newsprint.
Note: Authority cited: Section 40502, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 42790 and 42791, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 4-7-92; operative 4-7-92 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.2(d) (Register 92, No. 18).
2. Change without regulatory effect amending form filed 1-11-94 pursuant to title 1, section 100, California Code of Regulations (Register 94, No. 2).
3 . Amendment of forms filed 1-16-96; operative 2-15-96 (Register 96, No. 3).
4. Change without regulatory effect moving form to section 18831, appendix A filed 4-2-96 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 96, No. 14).
5. Amendment filed 12-22-99; operative 1-21-2000 (Register 99, No. 52).
This database is current through 7/29/22 Register 2022, No. 30
14 CCR § 17974, 14 CA ADC § 17974
|End of Document|