§ 3352. Definitions.
16 CA ADC § 3352BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations
Division 33. Bureau of Automotive Repair
Chapter 1. Automotive Repair Dealers and Official Stations and Adjusters
Article 7. Disclosure Requirements for Automotive Repair Dealers
16 CCR § 3352
§ 3352. Definitions.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) “Estimate” means a paper or electronic document provided to the customer that contains an estimated price for labor and parts for a specific job and that meets the requirements of Business and Professions Code Section 9884.9 and California Code of Regulations Section 3353.
(b) “Work order” means a paper or electronic document that contains the estimate and memorializes the customer's authorization for a specific job.
(c) “Invoice” means a paper or electronic document provided to the customer that meets the invoice requirements of Business and Professions Code Section 9884.8 and California Code of Regulations Section 3356.
(d) “Tear Down” means the act of disassembling a vehicle or vehicle component for the purpose of preparing an estimate.
(e) “Authorization” means consent, documented in accordance with applicable sections of this article, and expressed as either:
(1) A written signature authorizing a specific job;
(2) A statement communicated either orally or electronically to the automotive repair dealer authorizing a specific job.
(f) “Electronic” means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
(g) “Oral” means voice communication, whether in person, by telephone, or by any electronic manner where voice can be heard.
Note: Authority cited: Section 9882, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 9884.8, 9884.9, 9889.50 and 9889.52, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 10-20-97; operative 11-19-97 (Register 97, No. 43). For prior history, see Register 83, No. 9.
2. Amendment filed 9-13-2018; operative 9-13-2018 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2018, No. 37). 3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a) filed 6-4-2019 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2019, No. 23).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a) filed 6-4-2019 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2019, No. 23).
This database is current through 4/23/21 Register 2021, No. 17
16 CCR § 3352, 16 CA ADC § 3352
|End of Document|