§ 1000. Definitions.
16 CA ADC § 1000BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations
Division 10. Dental Board of California
Chapter 1. General Provisions Applicable to All Licensees
Article 1. General Provisions
16 CCR § 1000
§ 1000. Definitions.
For purposes of this division:
(a) “Academic year” means a period of education consisting of 45 quarter units, 30 semester units, or a duration deemed equivalent thereto by the board.
(b) “Act” means the Dental Practice Act.
(c) “Board” means the Dental Board of California.
(d) “Board office” means the board office located in Sacramento, California.
(e) “Board's Executive officer” means the executive officer appointed by the board.
(f) “Code” means the Business and Professions Code.
(g) “Committee,” unless otherwise indicated, means the Committee on Dental Auxiliaries.
(h) “Competencies” means statements describing the abilities needed to begin the independent practice of dentistry, including skills, understanding, and professional values, that are performed independently in realistic settings.
(i) “Curriculum” means an organized set of courses or discrete modules of learning which are prerequisite to the award of a certificate, degree or diploma.
(j) “Educational outcomes” mean intended results of a process on those who experience the process, such as new skills for those in educational programs.
(k) “Educational program” means a progressive or planned system of training, instruction or study.
( l) “Examining Committee” means the Examining Committee appointed by the board.
(m) “Faculty member” or “qualified faculty” means a person who satisfies both of the following:
The person possesses either:
(A) A credential generally recognized in the field of instruction; or
(B) A degree, professional license, or credential at least equivalent to the level of instruction being taught or evaluated.
(2) The person has entered into an agreement with the institution whereby the person is obliged to conduct one or more of the courses in the institution's curriculum, advise and consult with individual students, or facilitate and evaluate student learning outcomes and progress.
(n) “Goal” means an intention or expectation that requires several tasks to produce the desired result, and generally involves the accomplishment of two or more objectives.
(o) “Institution” means any school, either within the United States or outside the United States, that offers a program leading to a degree in dentistry.
(p) “Licentiate” means any individual or corporation licensed or registered by the board.
(q) The masculine gender includes the feminine, and the feminine, the masculine.
(r) “Mission/purpose” means an institution's stated educational reasons to exist. The mission/purpose shall have all of the following characteristics:
(1) It shall include the institution's broad expectations concerning the education which students will receive, including the acquisition of the body of knowledge presented in the educational program, the development of intellectual, analytical, and critical abilities, and the fostering of values such as a commitment to pursue lifelong learning;
(2) It shall relate to the educational expectations of the institution's students and faculty and the community, which the institution serves.
(s) “Objectives” mean statements of the intended actions or results of a program and are either measurable or specific enough so that qualified individuals would agree on whether they have been met.
(t) “Outcomes assessment” means a profile of measures evaluating the effectiveness of programs in meeting their goals as reflected in tangible results such as student test scores.
(u) “Quarter” means at least 10 weeks of instruction.
(v) “Quarter unit” means at least ten (10) hours of college or university level instruction during a quarter plus a reasonable period of time outside of instruction which an institution requires a student to devote to preparation for planned learning experiences, such as preparation for instruction, study of course material, or completion of educational projects.
(w) “Semester” means at least 15 weeks of instruction.
(x) “Semester unit” means at least fifteen (15) hours of college or university level instruction during a semester plus a reasonable period of time outside of instruction which an institution requires a student to devote to preparation for planned learning experiences, such as preparation for instruction, study of course material, or completion of educational projects.
(y) “Staff” means professional, technical, and clerical employees funded by the educational institution to support its educational program.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 1614 and 1636.4, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 1611 and 1614, Business and Professions Code.
1. Repealer of Chapter 10 (Articles 1-12, Sections 1000-1081.3, not consecutive) and new Chapter 10 (Articles 1-14, Sections 1000-1095, not consecutive) filed 12-19-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 51). For prior history, see Registers 53, No. 23; 57, No. 18; 58, No. 16; 62, Nos. 1, 9 and 17; 63, Nos. 4 and 15; 64, No. 2; 66, No. 44; 69, Nos. 5, 12 and 47; 70, Nos. 45, and 46; 71, No. 16; 73, Nos. 43 and 51; 74, Nos. 9 and 44; 75, Nos. 5, 11, 12, 13, 17, 22 and 33.
2. Repealer of Chapter 10 (Articles 1-14, Sections 1000-1099.4, not consecutive) and new Chapter 10 (Subchapters 1-3, Sections 1000-1089, not consecutive) filed 4-25-85; effective upon filing pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2(d) (Register 85, No. 17). For prior history, see Registers 85, Nos. 9, 5, 4 and 2; 84, Nos. 37, 36, 25, 24, 15 and 12; 83, Nos. 45, 15 and 2; 82, Nos. 31 and 10; 81, No. 48; 80, No. 21; 79, Nos. 42, 16 and 3; 78, Nos. 16, 14 and 8; 77, Nos. 28, 13 and 4; and 76, No. 19.
3. Amendment of division heading filed 5-31-2000; operative 6-30-2000 (Register 2000, No. 22).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 10-15-2001; operative 11-14-2001 (Register 2001, No. 42).
This database is current through 11/19/21 Register 2021, No. 47
16 CCR § 1000, 16 CA ADC § 1000
|End of Document|