§ 56712. Program Design.
17 CA ADC § 56712BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 2. Health and Welfare Agency - Department of Developmental Services Regulations
Chapter 3. Community Services
Subchapter 5. Standards for Nonresidential Services
Article 2. Standards for All Community-Based Day Programs
17 CCR § 56712
§ 56712. Program Design.
(a) The program design shall include the following items:
(1) A program description which includes:
(A) The purpose and goals of service;
(B) Anticipated consumer outcomes resulting from participation in the program stated in measurable terms;
(C) Program curriculum pursuant to Section 56742 or 56764 of these regulations;
(D) Description of the location(s) in which consumer training occurs, such as a center-based environment, the consumer's place of residence or a natural environment;
(E) Consumer attendance policy which includes the following:
1. The requirement for the vendor to notify the regional center on or before a consumer's fifth consecutive day of unplanned absence;
2. The attendance requirements for consumers to remain enrolled in the program; and
3. The efforts the program will make to assure attendance at the program as frequently as determined necessary by the ID Team.
(F) Statement of the staffing ratio required pursuant to Section 56756 or 56772 of these regulations;
(G) Schedule of the vendor's direct service operating hours including a sample of a current weekly schedule; and
(H) A staff training plan, if developed pursuant to Sections 56726 and 56774 of these regulations, if applicable.
(2) A description of the entrance/exit criteria pursuant to Sections 56714 and 56746 of these regulations, if applicable, including the intake procedure and any screening processes used by the vendor;
(3) A description of the process used to determine how the vendor will assist each consumer served in achieving his/her IPP objectives for which the vendor is responsible including:
(A) Consumer assessment procedures, timelines, and instruments used, including an explanation of how each instrument is applicable in assessing the consumer's needs;
(B) Utilization of assessment data for determining the specific activity and program services that consumers receive; and
(C) Evaluation procedures used to determine the extent of a consumer's progress toward achieving the specific outcomes in each IPP objective for which the vendor is responsible.
(4) A description of the method of evaluating program effectiveness in accordance with Section 56732 of these regulations; and
(5) A description of the internal consumer grievance procedures required pursuant to Section 56710(a) of these regulations.
(b) When modifications are made to the program design which constitute a change in the type of services provided, the vendor must, at least 30 days prior to the change, notify the consumers or their authorized consumer representatives and submit to the vendoring regional center, a revised program design as described in (a) above. A revised program design is required when any of the following elements of the program design are changed:
(1) Locations in which consumer training occurs;
(2) Curriculum training components;
(3) Existing approved staffing ratio;
(4) Approved service code;
(5) Entrance and/or exit criteria;
(6) Hours of operation.
(c) A rate adjustment request which results from a program design change shall be submitted to the vendoring regional center prior to December 1 of the current calendar year in accordance with section 57922 of these regulations.
Note: Authority cited: Chapter 722, Statutes of 1992, Section 147; and Section 4691, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Chapter 1011, Statutes of 1992, Section 11, Sections 4646, 4646.5, 4648, 4691, 4690.2, 4705 and 4791, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 6-26-90 as an emergency; operative 7-1-90 (Register 90, No. 36). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-29-90 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-26-90 order transmitted to OAL 9-28-90 and filed 10-29-90 (Register 90, No. 46).
3. Amendment of section filed as an emergency 6-17-93; operative 6-17-93. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to SB485 (Chapter 722, Statutes of 1992) Section 147(a) (Register 93, No. 26).
4. Amendment of subsections (a)(1)(A)-(a)(5) filed 4-22-94; operative 4-22-94. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 94, No. 16).
5. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-17-93 order transmitted to OAL 6-20-94 and filed 8-2-94 (Register 94, No. 31).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending section filed 1-17-97 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 97, No. 3).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
17 CCR § 56712, 17 CA ADC § 56712
|End of Document|