§ 18836. Definitions.
14 CA ADC § 18836BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
14 CCR § 18836
§ 18836. Definitions.
(a) The following definitions shall govern the provisions of this Chapter.
(1) “Business” means any commercial or public entity that generates four cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week, including, but not limited to, a firm, partnership, proprietorship, joint-stock company, corporation, or association that is organized as a for-profit or nonprofit entity, strip mall (e.g. property complex containing two or more commercial entities), industrial facility, school, school district, California State University, community college, University of California, special district or a federal, state, local, or regional agency or facility. For purposes of this Chapter, “business” also includes a multi-family residential dwelling of five units or more, regardless of the amount of commercial solid waste generated.
(2) “Commercial solid waste” means all types of solid waste, including recyclable materials that are discarded from businesses as defined in subdivision (1), but does not include waste from single family residences or multifamily units of less than 5 units and does not include industrial waste.
(3) “Franchise” means any agreement between a jurisdiction and a hauler for transporting commercial solid waste.
(4) “Hauler” means any person, commercial or public entity which collects, hauls, or transports solid waste for a fee by use of any means, including but not limited to, a dumpster truck, roll off truck, side-load, front-load, or rear-load garbage truck, or a trailer.
(5) “Mixed Waste Processing” means processing solid waste that contains both recyclable and/or compostable materials and trash.
(6) “Self hauler” or “self hauling” means a business that transports its own waste and/or recyclables rather than contracting with a hauler for that service.
(7) “Source separating” or “source separation” means the process of removing recyclable materials from solid waste at the place of generation, prior to collection, and placing them into separate containers that are separately designated for recyclables.
Note: Authority cited: Section 40502, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 42649.1, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 5-7-2012; operative 5-7-2012 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2012, No. 19).
2. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a)(1) filed 7-26-2012 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2012, No. 30).
This database is current through 10/11/19 Register 2019, No. 41
14 CCR § 18836, 14 CA ADC § 18836
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|