§ 1031.9. Conditions for Renewal of a Certifying Organization's Approval to Administer Exam...
17 CA ADC § 1031.9BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 1. State Department of Health Services
Chapter 2. Laboratories
Subchapter 1. Service Laboratories
Group 2. Clinical Laboratory Regulations
Article 1.5. Licensure of Clinical Laboratory Personnel (Refs & Annos)
17 CCR § 1031.9
§ 1031.9. Conditions for Renewal of a Certifying Organization's Approval to Administer Examinations Acceptable for Licensure Purposes.
(a) Approval of a certifying organization shall be valid for a period of four years unless revoked. At least 120 days prior to the end of the approval period, the certifying organization that wants to continue approval of its examination shall apply for reapproval. Failure to reapply 120 days in advance shall cause a lapse in approval after which time the examination would not be acceptable for licensure purposes until the certifying organization regains approval. A certifying organization that fails to reapply at least 120 days in advance and subsequently elects to seek approval shall make application pursuant to Section 1031.8.
(b) To apply for renewal of a certifying organization's approval to administer examinations, the organization shall provide the following:
(1) The name and address of the certifying organization; and
(2) Names of the organization's officer(s) and board of directors; and
(3) Name of the person designated by the organization to be responsible for overseeing the administration and coordination of all examination activities; and
(4) A schedule of dates that the examination will be available to California applicants during the next four years; and
(5) A summary of the performance statistics of the examination during the previous approval period, including the number of California applicants applying for, and successfully passing, the certifying examination, the applicant scores, what efforts have been made to evaluate the examination and update the examination questions to match current practice for the category; and
(6) The name, title and signature of the person responsible for overseeing the administration and coordination of all examination activities and date of application for renewal.
(c) The timeframes for processing an application of a certifying organization seeking renewal of its examination approval shall be as follows:
(1) The certifying organization shall submit an application for renewal of approval of its examination at least 120 days prior to the end of the approval period.
(2) Within 30 days of receipt of a renewal application, the department shall inform the organization in writing that the renewal application is complete and accepted for review, or deficient and what specific information or documentation is required to complete the application.
(3) Within 30 days of receiving a completed renewal application, the department shall inform the applicant organization in writing whether the examination has been reapproved or denied.
(d) Failure to meet and maintain the requirements of this section shall be good cause for denial of reapproval by the department.
Note: Authority cited: Section 1224, Business and Professions Code; and Section 100275, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1208, 1228, 1261, 1261.5, 1262, 1263 and 1264, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 1-13-2005 as an emergency; operative 1-13-2005 (Register 2005, No. 2). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 5-13-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled 5-12-2005 as an emergency; operative 5-14-2005 (Register 2005, No. 19). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 9-12-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 5-12-2005 order, including amendment of subsections (a), (b)(6) and (c)(2), transmitted to OAL 8-3-2005 and filed 9-12-2005 (Register 2005, No. 37).
This database is current through 1/7/22 Register 2022, No. 1
17 CCR § 1031.9, 17 CA ADC § 1031.9
|End of Document|