§ 53861. Records.
22 CA ADC § 53861BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 3. Health Care Services
Subdivision 1. California Medical Assistance Program
Chapter 4.1. Two-Plan Model Managed Care Program
Article 6. Operational Requirements (Refs & Annos)
22 CCR § 53861
§ 53861. Records.
(a) Each plan in a designated region shall maintain or cause to be maintained all records necessary to verify information and reports required by statute, regulation or contractual obligation for five years from the end of the fiscal year in which the plan contract expires or is terminated. Each plan shall make such records available for inspection or examination to the department, the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the States Department of Justice, or the Comptroller General of the United States or their duly authorized representatives upon request. Records and documents shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Working papers used in the preparation of reports to the department.
(2) Reports to the department, specified in section 53872.
(3) Financial documents.
(4) Medical records.
(5) Quality assurance and improvement records.
(6) Prescription files.
(b) Each plan shall retain or cause to be retained all records pertaining to pending litigation or litigation in progress until the litigation is final.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 10725, 14105, 14124.5 and 14312, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Sections 14087.3, 14087.4, 14308 and 14458, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 7-1-96 as an emergency; operative 7-1-96. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Section 147, SB 485 (Ch. 722/92) (Register 96, No. 28).
2. Repealer of section and Note and new section and Note filed 3-4-97; operative 3-4-97. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Section 147, SB 485 (Ch. 722/92) (Register 97, No. 10).
This database is current through 7/5/19 Register 2019, No. 27
22 CCR § 53861, 22 CA ADC § 53861
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|