§ 3004. Clear and Concise Summary of Amendments to the California Ocean Plan Adopted by the Sta...
23 CA ADC § 3004BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 3. State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 23. Water Quality Control Plans
23 CCR § 3004
§ 3004. Clear and Concise Summary of Amendments to the California Ocean Plan Adopted by the State Water Resources Control Board on November 16, 2000.
The State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) adopted Resolution No. 2000-108 on November 16, 2000 amending the California Ocean Plan (Ocean Plan) as follows.
1. Replacement of the Acute Toxicity Effluent Limitation in Table A with an Acute Toxicity Water Quality Objective. This revision replaces an effluent limitation achievable by a well-run sewage treatment plant in 1970 with a water quality objective for protection of marine aquatic life. The amendment also establishes a mixing zone for acute toxicity.
2. Revision of Water Quality Objectives for the Protection of Human Health in Table B. Revised water quality objectives are adopted for 12 compounds. The revised water quality objectives are calculated using Cal/EPA-recommended cancer potency factors and a California-specific fish consumption rate.
3. Addition of Provisions for Compliance Determination for Chemical Objectives: The compliance determination section of the Ocean Plan is revised to incorporate the Minimum Level concept. Minimum Levels for statewide application are added as an appendix to the Ocean Plan.
4. Revisions of the Format of the California Ocean Plan: The format of the Ocean Plan is revised making it consistent with that of other water quality control plans as described in Section 13050(j) of the California Water Code.
5. Addition of Procedures for Nomination and Designation of Areas of Special Biological Significance (ASBS): Procedures for nomination and designation of Areas of Special Biological Significance are incorporated into the Ocean Plan. The adopted procedures are added as Appendix IV of the Ocean Plan. A list of adopted ASBS is added as Appendix V of the Ocean Plan.
6. Administrative Changes in the California Ocean Plan: Administrative clean up of the Ocean Plan includes:
a. a definition of references used for specific governmental agencies,
b. a change in the definition of dredged materials,
c. a description of the relationship of the Ocean Plan to other State plans and policies,
d. a change in the reference to the water quality objective for radioactivity,
e. a change of references that lists test methods for total and fecal bacteria and for acute toxicity
f. a change in a subtitle in Appendix II.
g. a change of the Ocean Plan effective date to reflect that it will not be in effect until approved by the U.S. EPA.
1. New section containing concise summary of amendments to the California Ocean Plan filed 7-9-2001; operative 6-13-2001 pursuant to Government Code section 11349.3(a) (Register 2001, No. 28).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 3004, 23 CA ADC § 3004
|End of Document|