§ 464. Corner Record.
16 CA ADC § 464BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations
Division 5. Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
Article 4. Miscellaneous (Refs & Annos)
16 CCR § 464
§ 464. Corner Record.
(a) The corner record provided for in Section 8773.1 of the Code shall contain the following information consistent with each corner identified therein:
(1) The county and, if applicable, the city in which the corner is located.
(2) A brief legal description of the section, township, range, base, and meridian or the Rancho in which the corner is located, if applicable.
(3) Identification of the corner type (e.g., government corner, control corner, property corner, etc.).
(4) Identification of the reference of the related statute (i.e., Section 8765(d), Section 8771, Section 8773, or other relevant sections of the Code).
(5) Description of the physical condition of any monument(s) found, set, reset, replaced, or removed.
(6) The date of the visit to the monument when the information for the corner record was obtained.
(7) For corners for which the corner record is filed in accordance with Section 8765(d) of the Code, the corner record shall show the applicable provisions of the following consistent with the purpose of the survey:
(A) All monuments found, set, reset, replaced, or removed, describing their kind, size, and location, and giving other data relating thereto.
(B) Bearing or witness monuments, basis of bearings, bearing and length of lines, scale of map, and north arrow.
(C) The relationship to those portions of adjacent tracts, streets, or senior conveyances which have common lines with the survey.
(D) Any other data necessary for the intelligent interpretation of the various items and locations of the points, lines, and areas shown, or convenient for the identification of the survey or the surveyor, as may be determined by the licensee preparing the corner record.
(8) For corners for which the corner record is filed in accordance with any subdivision of Section 8771 of the Code, the information shown on the corner record shall also show the applicable provisions of Section 8771 of the Code.
(9) For Public Land Corners for which a corner record is required by Section 8773(a) of the Code, a sketch shall be made showing site recovery information that was used for the corner.
(10) Except for those corners referenced in subdivision (9), a drawing shall be made which shows measurements that relate the corner to other identifiable monuments.
(11) The date of preparation of the corner record and, as prescribed by Section 8773.4 of the Code, the signature and title of the chief of the survey party if the corner record is prepared by a United States Government or a California State agency or the signature and seal of the land surveyor or civil engineer, as defined in Section 8731 of the Code, preparing the corner record.
(12) The date the corner record was filed and the signature of the county surveyor.
(13) A document or filing number and/or Agency Index information.
(b) A reference to the California Coordinate System is optional at the discretion of the preparer of the record.
(c) A corner record shall be filed for each public land survey corner which is found, reset, or used as control in any survey by a land surveyor or a civil engineer. Exceptions to this rule are identified in Section 8773.4 of the Code.
(d) The corner record shall be filed within 90 days from the date a corner was found, set, reset, or used as control in any survey. The provisions for extending the time limit shall be the same as provided for a record of survey in Section 8762 of the Code.
(e) A corner record may be filed for any property corner, property controlling corner, reference monument, or accessory to a property corner, together with reference to record information. Such corner record may show one or more property corners, property controlling corners, reference monuments, or accessories to property corners.
(f) A corner record is limited to a single corner record document, in accordance with Section 8773.1 of the Code, and shall be legible, clear, and understandable. A corner record may be submitted in an electronic medium if the county surveyor has a system to provide for the submittal, archiving, and distribution to the public in an electronic or hard copy format.
(g) The standard markings and standard abbreviations used by the Bureau of Land Management (formerly the General Land Office) of the United States Department of the Interior shall be used in the corner record.
(h) The corner record shall be filed on a form prescribed by the Board. The approved form is “Corner Record”, (BPELSG2016 revised 06/2016), incorporated herein by reference.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 8710 and 8773.1, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 8762, 8765, 8773, 8773.1, 8773.2, 8773.3 and 8773.4, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 11-4-74; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 74, No. 45). For history of former section, see Register 71, No. 29.
2. Repealer of subsection (f) filed 12-4-79 as an emergency; effective upon filing (Register 79, No. 49). A Certificate of Compliance must be filed within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 4-3-79.
3. Certificate of Compliance transmitted to OAL 3-27-80 and filed 4-9-80 (Register 80, No. 15).
4. Amendment filed 2-14-92; operative 3-16-92 (Register 92, No. 12).
5. Amendment of subsection (e) filed 10-7-93; operative 11-8-93 (Register 93, No. 41).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (g) and Note filed 1-6-98 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 98, No. 2).
7. Change without regulatory effect amending section and Note filed 4-19-99 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 99, No. 17).
8. Amendment filed 12-21-2016; operative 4-1-2017 (Register 2016, No. 52).
This database is current through 6/24/22 Register 2022, No. 25
16 CCR § 464, 16 CA ADC § 464
|End of Document|