§ 2911. Summary of Containment Zone Amendment of Resolution No. 92-49: Policies and Procedures ...
23 CA ADC § 2911BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 3. State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 22. State Policy for Water Quality Control
23 CCR § 2911
§ 2911. Summary of Containment Zone Amendment of Resolution No. 92-49: Policies and Procedures for Investigation and Cleanup and Abatement of Discharges Under Water Code Section 13304.
The amendment establishes conditions under which Regional Water Quality Control Boards (RWQCBs) may designate containment zones. A containment zone is a portion of a ground water unit where the RWQCB finds it is technically or economically infeasible to cleanup to water quality objectives, and where the RWQCB finds the discharger can contain pollutants within the designated zone so that water quality objectives are not exceeded outside the zone. The discharger is required to monitor to verify on-going containment, and to mitigate significant environmental impacts.
The policy provides:
* Guidance for discharger application;
* Procedures for RWQCB designation;
* Conditions for designation; and
* Administrative procedures for tracking sites, recommending improved procedures, and RWQCB recovery of costs of application review.
Appendix to Section H:
The Appendix outlines information to be included (as appropriate) in an application for designation of a containment zone.
1. New section summarizing amendment to State Water Resources Control Board Resolution No. 92-49 filed 1-13-97; amendment was adopted by the State Water Resources Control Board 10-2-96; approved by OAL and effective 1-13-97 pursuant to Government Code section 11353 (Register 97, No. 3).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 2911, 23 CA ADC § 2911
|End of Document|