§ 499.2. Definitions.
23 CA ADC § 499.2BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 2. Department of Water Resources
Chapter 2.5.2. Yuba Feather Flood Protection Program of the Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water, Watershed Protection, and Flood Protection Act
23 CCR § 499.2
§ 499.2. Definitions.
The words used in these regulations have the meanings set forth as follows:
(a) “Applicant” means a local public entity which has legal authority and jurisdiction to implement flood control programs in the area of consideration and files an application for funding under the provisions of the Bond Law and these regulations.
(b) “Bond Law” means the Yuba Feather Flood Protection Program of the Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water, Watershed Protection, and Flood Protection Act, as set forth in Article 8 of Chapter 5 of Division 26 of the Water Code (commencing with Section 79068).
(c) “Department” means the California Department of Water Resources.
(d) “CEQA” means the California Environmental Quality Act.
(e) “CPM diagram” means a Critical Path Method diagram, which is a schedule that is derived by calculating the total duration of a project based on individual task durations and their interdependencies. A CPM diagram is usually depicted in a bar graph format, graphically showing the task durations and interdependencies.
(f) “Design” means all activities following a feasibility study leading to physical definition of the project in sufficient detail to facilitate project implementation.
(g) “Economic feasibility” is determined by calculating the ratio of economic benefits to economic costs for a given alternative. A project is “economically feasible” when this ratio is greater than or equal to one.
(h) “Feasibility study” means an investigation resulting in a report that provides the information for design and implementation of a project, and demonstrates whether the described approach is economically and technically feasible and appropriate for implementation.
(i) “Implementation” means those actions taken to put a designed project into effect, including both the construction of project works and carrying out a program for flood damage reduction that does not require construction.
(j) “Local public entity” means any political subdivision of the State of California, including, but not limited to, any county, city, city and county, district, joint powers agency, or council of governments within the area of consideration.
(k) “Recipient” means an applicant who has received grant funding through the feasibility study, design, or implementation funding application process.
(l) “Tributaries” means those watercourses that currently flow to the Yuba River, the Feather River or the Colusa Drain.
(m) “Unit”, unless context indicates otherwise, means all or a designated portion of a flood protection project that constitutes either:
(1) “Design unit”: the whole or a portion of a plan selected in a feasibility study, designated for design, or
(2) “Implementation unit”: the whole or a portion of a design or aggregate of designs, designated for implementation.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 8300, 12580, 12609 and 79068.20, Water Code. Reference: Sections 79068.6, 79068.8, 79068.10 and 79068.14, Water Code.
1. New section filed 9-26-2000 as an emergency; operative 9-26-2000 (Register 2000, No. 39). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-24-2001 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 9-26-2000 order, including amendment of section, transmitted to OAL 1-24-2001 and filed 3-6-2001 (Register 2001, No. 10).
3. Amendment of section and Note filed 2-25-2003; operative 2-25-2003 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2003, No. 9).
4. Amendment filed 6-20-2005 as an emergency; operative 6-20-2005 (Register 2005, No. 25). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-18-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
5. Reinstatement of section as it existed prior to 6-20-2005 emergency amendment by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(f) (Register 2006, No. 7).
6. Amendment filed 1-5-2007 as an emergency; operative 1-5-2007 (Register 2007, No. 1). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 5-7-2007 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
7. Certificate of Compliance as to 1-5-2007 order transmitted to OAL 4-10-2007 and filed 5-21-2007 (Register 2007, No. 21).
This database is current through 6/24/22 Register 2022, No. 25
23 CCR § 499.2, 23 CA ADC § 499.2
|End of Document|