§ 15498.1. Definitions.
5 CA ADC § 15498.1BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 14.6. Local Control Funding Formula Kindergarten and Grades One Through Three Grade Span Adjustment
Article 1. Apportionments and Allowances
5 CCR § 15498.1
§ 15498.1. Definitions.
For the purposes of administering the provisions of this chapter and the provisions of Education Code section 42238.02(d)(3), the following definitions apply:
(a) “Class” means a group of pupils scheduled to report regularly at a particular time to a particular teacher during the regular school day as defined by the school district governing board, excluding special day classes. Classes in the evening and summer schools are not classes for purposes of this section.
(b) Where the type of teaching in kindergarten and grades 1, 2, and 3 is other than in self-contained classes, the “class” is the basic homeroom where all of the following applies for a pupil:
(1) Attendance is recorded and investigation of absences is instigated.
(2) The pupil has his or her desk, locker, or drawer.
(3) The teacher handles the administrative routines such as keeping cumulative records, collecting basic data about the pupil, distributing items to go home, collecting meal money, and distributing and collecting report cards.
(4) The teacher is the usual contact with the pupil's parents.
(5) Some planned instruction is given.
(c) “Kindergarten” includes transitional kindergarten as defined by Education Code section 48000.
(d) “Active enrollment count” for purposes of subdivision (e) means the count of pupils enrolled in the class on the first day of the school year on which the class was in session, plus all later enrollees, minus all withdrawals since that first day. A pupil who is enrolled in independent study pursuant to Article 5.5 of Chapter 5 of Part 28 of the Education Code for the full regular school day shall not be included. An active enrollment count shall be made on the last teaching day of each school month that ends prior to April 15 of the school year.
(e) The “average number of pupils enrolled per class” for kindergarten and grades 1, 2, and 3 is the number obtained by dividing the sum of the active enrollment counts made under subdivision (d) for each of the classes in those grades, by the total number of those active enrollment counts.
(f) “Average class enrollment” means the sum of the average number of pupils enrolled per class determined pursuant to subdivision (e) for all kindergarten and grades 1, 2, and 3 classes at a school site, divided by the number of classes, then rounded to the nearest half or whole integer.
(g) “Maximum average class enrollment” for purposes of section 15498.3 means the amount determined by subtracting the current year average class enrollment adjustment pursuant to Education Code section 42238.02(d)(3)(B)(v) from the prior year average class enrollment pursuant to Education Code section 42238.02(d)(3)(B)(i), then rounded to the nearest half or whole integer. Commencing with the 2014-15 school year, the prior year average class enrollment for purposes of Education Code section 42238.02(d)(3)(B)(i) is the maximum average class enrollment in the prior year.
Note: Authority cited: Section 33031, Education Code. Reference: Sections 37201 and 42238.02, Education Code.
1. New section filed 4-1-2014 as an emergency; operative 4-1-2014 (Register 2014, No. 14). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 9-29-2014 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 4-1-2014 order transmitted to OAL 7-17-2014 and filed 8-25-2014 (Register 2014, No. 35).
This database is current through 3/20/20 Register 2020, No. 12
5 CCR § 15498.1, 5 CA ADC § 15498.1
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|