(a) Petitions for Modifications or Alternatives.
(1) Any person subject to these regulations may submit a petition to the Division Chief for modifications or alternatives to the requirements of Article 5.5 as applied to the petitioner.
(2) All petitions for modifications or alternatives must be submitted in writing. A petition may be in any form, but is must contain all data and information necessary to evaluate its merits.
(b) Response to Petitions.
The Division Chief shall respond in writing to any petition for modifications or alternatives within 30 days of receipt of the petition.
(c) Approval of Modifications or Alternatives.
(1) The Division Chief may approve any proposed modifications or alternatives to the requirements of Article 5.5 if he or she determines that the proposed modifications or alternatives will fulfill the purpose of these regulations as outlined in subsection (b) of Section 2560 of this Article.
(2) If the Division Chief approves any proposed modification or alternatives under this section, a letter of approval shall be issued to the petitioner setting forth the findings upon which the approval is based.
(3) The Division Chief may withdraw the letter of approval of any modifications or alternative requirements at any time if he or she finds that the person or persons subject to these regulations have not complied with the approved modified or alternative requirements.
(4) Withdrawal of a letter of approval under this section shall be effective upon receipt by the petitioner of written notification of the withdrawal from the Division Chief.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 8755 and 8757, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 8751, 8752, 8755, 8756 and 8757, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 8-12-97; operative 9-1-97 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 97, No. 33).
This database is current through 3/10/23 Register 2023, No. 10.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 2, § 2571, 2 CA ADC § 2571