(a) Operators may meet the requirements of providing a leak detection system or systems by any of the following:
(1) Instrumentation with the capability of detecting a transfer pipeline leak equal to two percent (2%) of the maximum design flow rate within five minutes;
(2) Completely containing the entire circumference of the pipeline provided that a leak can be detected within fifteen minutes;
(3) For transfer operations which do not involve the use of hoses, conducting a pressure test of the pipeline acceptable to the Division Chief immediately before any oil transfer; or
(4) A combination of the above strategies.
(b) The operation of any leak detection system or systems provided under this section shall be described in the terminal's operations manual required by Section 2385 of Title 2, Division 3, Chapter 1, Article 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 8755 and 8757, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 8751, 8752, 8755, 8756 and 8757, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 8-12-97; operative 9-1-97 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 97, No. 33).
This database is current through 3/17/23 Register 2023, No. 11.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 2, § 2569, 2 CA ADC § 2569