§ 1280.1. Event Registration.
3 CA ADC § 1280.1BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
3 CCR § 1280.1
§ 1280.1. Event Registration.
(a) The event manager is the “person in charge of an event”, including the person responsible for registering the event with the Department and the person responsible for the assessment, collection, and remittance fees, and is personally liable for fees and penalties, if any, owed to the Department.
(b) Every public equine event or public horse sale shall be registered with the Department pursuant to sections 24001, 24012, and 24015 of the Food and Agricultural Code, at least 60 days in advance of the event on the Application to Register Equine Event/Assessment Report for Registered Event, Form 76-024A as provided by the Department, or on-line at http://apps4.cdfa.ca.gov/emmppublic/eventregistration.aspx. To register events using Form 76-024A, sections (1) and (2) must be completed and the application form returned to the Department at least 60 days prior to the event start date. The Department, upon receipt of Form 76-024A, shall issue an event number, document the event number on the form, and return the form to the event manager to be used for the remittance of fees collected pursuant to section 1280.2 subsection (c) for public equine events. Form 76-024A shall include:
(1) Event information including: name of event; event start date, event end date, and start time; number of equines expected; facility name and facility address (or geographic location) including city, zip code, and county; event type (English, Western, etc.); and sponsor organization, if applicable.
(2) Event manager information including: last name and first name; mailing address including city, state, and zip code; primary telephone number; alternate telephone number or fax; e-mail address, and event alternate contact information including last name and first name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
(3) Payment information including: number of horses assessed; fees collected (number of horses entered in the registered event multiplied by the applicable fee in accordance with section 1280.2); pursuant to Food and Agricultural Code section 24012, a 10% penalty shall be applied when fees are not submitted within 15 days of the event end date and an additional 1.5% interest penalty shall be applied when fees are not submitted within 30 days; total amount due to the Department; and check number when fees are remitted by check.
(4) Signature of event manager and date signed (and date the event was cancelled, if applicable).
(c) Event managers are responsible for notifying the Department of event changes or cancellations.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 407 and 24013, Food and Agricultural Code. Reference: Sections 24001, 24012 and 24015, Food and Agricultural Code.
1. New section filed 12-5-2013 as an emergency; operative 1-1-2014 (Register 2013, No. 49). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-30-2014 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day. For prior history, see Register 95, No. 25.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 12-5-2013 order, including amendment of subsection (c)(1), transmitted to OAL 4-2-2014 and filed 5-14-2014; amendments effective 5-14-2014 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2014, No. 20).
3. Amendment of subsections (c)(3) and (c)(3)(A) filed 10-22-2015; operative 1-1-2016 (Register 2015, No. 43).
4. Amendment of subsections (c)(1)-(2) filed 10-24-2019; operative 1-1-2020 (Register 2019, No. 43).
5. Amendment of section heading and section filed 1-7-2021; operative 4-1-2021 (Register 2021, No. 2). (OAL review extended 60 calendar days pursuant to Executive Order N-40-20.)
This database is current through 5/6/22 Register 2022, No. 18
3 CCR § 1280.1, 3 CA ADC § 1280.1
|End of Document|