§ 41800.1. Application Fees.
5 CA ADC § 41800.1BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 5. Board of Trustees of the California State Universities
Chapter 1. California State University
Subchapter 5. Administration
Article 3. Fees
5 CCR § 41800.1
§ 41800.1. Application Fees.
(1) Semester and Quarter. As used in this section, the words “semester,” and “quarter” shall include any semester or quarter other than a special session semester or quarter for which tuition fees are required pursuant to Education Code Section 89708.
(2) Application for Admission. As used in this section, the phrase “application for admission” shall include an application for readmission as well as an application for initial admission to a campus for undergraduate or post-baccalaureate study.
(b) Imposition of Fee. All applications for admission to a campus shall pay an application fee set by the CSU Board of Trustees to support the application system and the processing of the application by the campus.
(c) Time of Payment. Application fees shall be submitted with applications for admission, and no application shall be considered complete unless accompanied by said fee.
(d) Exclusions. This section shall not apply:
(1) to applications for enrollment in extension courses or as an auditor without credit.
(2) to applications for admission submitted by persons enrolled at the campus to which application is made during either of the two semesters or any of the three quarters, as the case may be, immediately preceding the semester or quarter with respect to which the application is submitted, unless such person was enrolled at another institution subsequent to such previous semester or quarter.
(3) to an application transferred at the request of the applicant to a campus by the campus at which it was originally filed, provided that the application fee was paid at the latter if required by this section, and provided further, that the applicant did not enroll at the campus at which the application was previously filed.
(4) to applications for admission which are restricted to certain special programs as designated by the Chancellor.
(5) to applications for admission from individuals as to whom,in the judgment of the president or designee, payment of the fee would constitute undue financial hardship. The Chancellor shall establish appropriate guidelines for implementation of this exclusion.
(6) in the case of a student returning from an authorized planned student leave granted by appropriate campus authority where the principal purpose of the leave was related to the student's educational objective, provided that the conditions of the leave have been met.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 89030 and 89700, Education Code. Reference: Section 89700, Education Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (a)(1) and NOTE filed 4-29-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 18). For prior history, see Register 73, No. 25).
2. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 8-3-79; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 31).
3. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 11-30-79; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 48).
4. Amendment of subsections (a)(1), (b), (d)(5) and (d)(6) filed 9-20-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 39).
5. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 12-1-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 49).
6. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 10-28-83; effective upon filing pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2(d) (Register 83, No. 44).
7. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 7-26-89; operative 7-26-89 (Register 89, No. 31).
8. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 9-4-2019; operative 9-4-2019 pursuant to Education Code section 89030.1. Exempt from the Administrative Procedure Act and OAL review pursuant to Education Code section 89030(b). Submitted to OAL for courtesy filing and printing (Register 2019, No. 36).
This database is current through 1/15/21 Register 2021, No. 3
5 CCR § 41800.1, 5 CA ADC § 41800.1
|End of Document||© 2021 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|