(a) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, for all transfer operations between sunset and sunrise and during times of reduced visibility, a terminal shall have fixed lighting that adequately illuminates the following:
(1) Each transfer connection point on the terminal;
(2) Each transfer connection point in use on any barge moored at the terminal to or from which oil is being transferred;
(3) Each transfer operations work area on the terminal; and
(4) Each transfer operations work area on any barge moored at the terminal to or from which oil is being transferred.
(b) Where the illumination appears to the Division to be inadequate, the Division may require verification by instrument of the levels of illumination. On a horizontal plane 3 feet above the barge deck or walking surface, illumination must measure at least:
(1) 5.0 foot candles at transfer connection points; and
(2) 1.0 foot candle in transfer operations work areas.
(c) For small remote facilities, the Division may authorize operations with an adequate level of illumination provided by the vessel or by portable means.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 8750, 8751 and 8755, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 8750, 8751, 8752 and 8755, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 11-20-92; operative 12-21-92 (Register 92, No. 47).
This database is current through 3/10/23 Register 2023, No. 10.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 2, § 2365, 2 CA ADC § 2365