(a) After following the preliminary actions described in section 2299.05 of this article, the Executive Officer may commence proceedings to impose civil penalties by issuing a complaint.
(b) The complaint must contain all of the following:
(1) a brief statement of the violation alleged, including the acts or failures to act that constitute a basis for liability;
(2) the amount of the civil liability;
(3) a statement that the cited party has the right to a formal hearing, upon request, at which they may be represented by counsel; and
(4) a statement that the cited party's right to a hearing will be deemed waived if the cited party fails to file a notice of defense with the Executive Officer within thirty (30) days from the date the complaint was served on the cited party, or their agent for service.
(c) A copy of the complaint shall be served upon the cited party either personally or by registered mail. Complaints served by registered mail shall be deemed served as of the postmark date.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 71201.7 and 71216, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 71216, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 3-21-2017; operative 7-1-2017 (Register 2017, No. 12).
This database is current through 3/10/23 Register 2023, No. 10.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 2, § 2299.07, 2 CA ADC § 2299.07