(a) Petitions for Alternatives.
(1) Any person subject to these regulations may submit a petition to the Commission for alternatives to the requirements of Article 4.6 as applied to the petitioner.
(2) All petitions for alternatives must be submitted in writing. A petition may be in any form, but it must contain all data and information necessary to evaluate its merits in order to fulfill the purposes of these regulations.
(b) Approval of Alternatives.
(1) The Commission may approve any proposed alternatives to the requirements of Article 4.6 if it determines that the proposed alternatives will fulfill the purpose of these regulations as outlined in subsection (a) of Section 2280 of this Article.
(2) If the Commission approves any proposed alternatives under this section, a letter of approval shall be issued to the petitioner setting forth the findings upon which the approval is based.
(3) The Commission may withdraw the letter of approval of any alternative requirements at any time if it finds that the person or persons subject to these regulations have not complied with the approved alternative requirements.
(4) Withdrawal of a letter of approval under this section shall be effective upon receipt by the petitioner of written notification of the withdrawal from the Commission.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 71201.7 and 71204.5, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 71201 and 71204.5, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 9-23-2005; operative 3-22-2006 (Register 2005, No. 38).
This database is current through 3/10/23 Register 2023, No. 10.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 2, § 2283, 2 CA ADC § 2283