§ 54327.2. Regional Center Risk Management, Assessment and Planning Committee and Risk Manageme...
17 CA ADC § 54327.2BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 2. Health and Welfare Agency - Department of Developmental Services Regulations
Chapter 3. Community Services
Subchapter 2. Vendorization
Article 2. Vendorization Process
17 CCR § 54327.2
§ 54327.2. Regional Center Risk Management, Assessment and Planning Committee and Risk Management and Mitigation Plans.
(a) Each regional center shall establish a Risk Management, Assessment and Planning Committee that, at a minimum, includes a representative from the regional center's clinical, quality assurance and training staff.
(b) The Risk Management, Assessment and Planning Committee shall develop the regional center's Risk Management and Mitigation Plan which shall address, at a minimum:
(1) The process and procedures for ensuring accurate and timely handling and reporting of special incidents by regional center staff, vendors, and long-term health care facilities;
(2) The provision of training and technical assistance to regional center staff, vendors and long-term health care facility staff and others on the legal obligations of abuse reporting, special incident reporting, risk assessment, developing and implementing an incident prevention plan and proactive accident/safety planning through the individualized program planning process;
(3) Coordination and communication with local licensing, protective service and law enforcement agencies relative to investigative actions and findings;
(4) A process for reviewing individual and aggregate special incident report data to identify trends and unusual patterns which may require regional center action, and;
(5) A process for reviewing medical records and coroner reports, as appropriate, associated with special incidents to ensure that appropriate medical attention was sought and/or given.
(c) The Risk Management, Assessment and Planning Committee shall:
(1) Monitor the regional center's Risk Management and Mitigation Plan to ensure it is being implemented;
(2) Annually review the regional center's internal special incident reporting and risk management systems; and
(3) Update the Risk Management and Mitigation Plan as necessary.
(d) The Risk Management, Assessment and Planning Committee shall meet at least semi-annually.
Note: Authority cited: Section 11152, Government Code. Reference: Sections 4434, 4500, 4501, 4502, 4629, 4648, 4648.1 and 4742, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 6-27-2001 as an emergency; operative 7-1-2001 (Register 2001, No. 26). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-29-2001 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Repealed by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(g) (Register 2001, No. 43).
3. New section filed 10-25-2001 as an emergency; operative 10-31-2001 (Register 2001, No. 43). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 2-28-2002 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 10-25-2001 order, including amendment of subsection (b)(2), transmitted to OAL 2-28-2002 and filed 4-10-2002 (Register 2002, No. 15).
This database is current through 7/24/20 Register 2020, No. 30
17 CCR § 54327.2, 17 CA ADC § 54327.2
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|