§ 2175. Manual Content.
2 CA ADC § 2175Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
2 CCR § 2175
§ 2175. Manual Content.
(2) Ownership and Responsibility: Information shall be included identifying the owner or owners of the facility and all those who may be responsible for the operation of the facility or for implementation of operation or contingency plans. Addresses and telephone numbers shall be included and kept current for each person or entity listed.
(4) Personnel: A listing of operating staff positions shall be provided, showing the chain of command and the responsibility of each position. Employee qualifications for responsible positions must be outlined and staffing levels of the facility must be justified. On any facility which does not maintain 24-hour surveillance, justification and description of safety and security systems shall be discussed.
(A) The manual shall include plot plans of the facility and flow diagrams for each of the production flow streams, including oil, gas, and water injection. Each major component and associated equipment including, but not limited to, wells, piping, process vessels, tanks compressors, pumps, and alarm, control and safety systems shall be narratively described, including function, capacity, physical size and pressure rating.
(7) Systems Safety: Detailed information shall be provided regarding equipment and procedures employed for the purpose of preventing oil discharges or other accidents which may harm or threaten public health and safety or the environment, including, but not limited to, information concerning the following:
(8) Automatic Control Systems and Equipment: Subsection (b)(7) shall include information concerning the identification, use and operation of any safety equipment that can be operated remotely, automatically, or by pre-program and any appropriate manual override information. The following information should be included:
(B) Information regarding secondary response, including, but not limited to, detailed descriptions of response equipment and their use and operation, use of mutual aid organization or cooperatives for fire suppression, interagency agreements or memoranda of understanding, and communications equipment and procedures.
(B) Every plan submitted shall have included or attached the names and telephone and facsimile numbers of all relevant contact personnel with the facility operator, State and Federal response agencies, local fire, police, and medical responders, security personnel, and mutual aid cooperatives or organizations.
(15) Other Information: The manual shall also include any other information necessary or appropriate for the Commission and for those working at the facility to know and understand the equipment, operations and systems employed at the facility both for ordinary operations, generally, and for the specific purpose of preventing harm to public health and safety or to the environment.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 6108, 6216, 8755, 8756, and 8758, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 6108, 6216, 6873(b), 8755 and 8758, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 9-8-93; operative 10-8-93 (Register 93, No. 37).
This database is current through 11/17/23 Register 2023, No. 46.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 2, § 2175, 2 CA ADC § 2175
|End of Document|