§ 2814.7. Action by the Board.
23 CA ADC § 2814.7BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 3. State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 18. Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund Regulations
Article 6. Petitions for Site Closure
23 CCR § 2814.7
§ 2814.7. Action by the Board.
(a) The Board shall send a copy of the petition to the regulatory agency overseeing corrective action at the site and notify the agency that the record relative to the case and any agency response to the petition must be received by the Board within 20 days of the date of the letter of notification. The regulatory agency overseeing corrective action at the site will also be notified that a list of persons, if any, known by the regulatory agency to have an interest in the subject matter of the petition must be received by the Board within 10 days of the date of the letter of notification.
(b) Upon receipt of a list of interested persons, the Board will notify those persons, the current site owner, the owners of adjacent property, and the appropriate regional board if it has not already been notified as the regulatory agency overseeing corrective action at the site, that any response to the petition by an interested person must be received by the Board within 20 days of the date of the letter of notification.
(c) The regulatory agency shall send a copy of its response, if any, to the petitioner. All other respondents shall send copies of their responses to the petitioner and the regulatory agency. The deadline for filing a response to the petition or submitting the record may be extended by the Board.
(d) Following review of the petition, the record, and all responses to the petition, the Board may:
(1) if a case is under the jurisdiction of a regional board or local agency that is implementing a local oversight program pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 25297.1, close the case or remand the case to the regulatory agency for action consistent with the Board decision;
(2) if a case is under the jurisdiction of a regulatory agency that is not implementing a local oversight program pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 25297.1, recommend that the case be closed;
(3) deny the request to require or recommend that the case be closed;
(4) refuse to review the request that the case be closed if the petition fails to raise substantial issues that are appropriate for review by the Board; or
(5) take such other action as the Board deems appropriate.
(e) Before taking action, the Board may, at its discretion, hold a hearing; or the Board may provide for an informal meeting between the petitioner, the Division staff, an appropriate representative of the regulatory agency, a member of the Board, and such other persons as the Board deems appropriate for the purpose of attempting to resolve the dispute.
(f) If an evidentiary hearing is held, it shall be conducted in accordance with the California Code of Regulations, title 23, division 3, chapter 1.5, article 2.
Note: Authority cited: Section 25299.77, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 25299.37 and 25299.39.2, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 10-27-2000; operative 11-26-2000 (Register 2000, No. 43).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 2814.7, 23 CA ADC § 2814.7
|End of Document|