§ 3310. Definitions.
15 CA ADC § 3310BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 15. Crime Prevention and Corrections
Division 3. Adult Institutions, Programs and Parole
Chapter 1. Rules and Regulations of Adult Operations and Programs
Subchapter 4. General Institution Regulations
Article 5. Inmate Discipline (Refs & Annos)
15 CCR § 3310
§ 3310. Definitions.
The following terms are defined for the purposes of this article:
(a) Camp means the type of subfacility of an institution which is normally located in a rural area and which has no secure (fenced or walled) perimeter. Camp inmates are generally assigned to conservation and/or road details.
(b) Community-access facility means a facility located in the community, administered by the Division of Adult Parole Operations, where inmates have access to the community for work or training and which has no secure (fenced or walled) perimeter.
(c) Community correctional facility means a facility located in the community, administered by the Parole and Community Services Division, where inmates do not have unsupervised access to the community and which has a secure (fenced) perimeter.
(d) Experienced means a permanent employee at the designated level, certified by the Chief Disciplinary Officer (CDO) or designee as competent to serve as a senior hearing officer or hearing officer, as specified. Requirements for certification shall include in-service or on-the-job training in disciplinary procedures, mental health assessment requirements, and observation of five serious/administrative disciplinary hearings. A probationary, limited term, or training and development employee at the designated staff level may be certified as experienced. Acting staff whose permanent position is at a level lower than that required shall not be assigned senior hearing officer/hearing officer responsibility.
(e) Facility means any institution; community-access facility or community correctional facility; or any camp or other subfacility of an institution under the jurisdiction of the department.
(f) Institution means a large facility or complex of subfacilities with a secure (fenced or walled) perimeter headed by a warden.
Note: Authority cited: Section 5058, Penal Code. Reference: Sections 5054, 6252 and 6260, Penal Code.
1. Amendment of article 5 heading, repealer and new section filed 5-5-95; operative 6-5-95 (Register 95, No. 18).
2. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 8-4-2008; operative 8-4-2008 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2008, No. 32).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (b) filed 1-8-2014 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2014, No. 2).
4. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 11-17-2015 as an emergency; operative 11-17-2015 (Register 2015, No. 47). Pursuant to Penal Code section 5058.3, a Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 4-25-2016 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
5. Certificate of Compliance as to 11-17-2015 order transmitted to OAL 4-20-2016 and filed 5-24-2016 (Register 2016, No. 22).
This database is current through 11/19/21 Register 2021, No. 47
15 CCR § 3310, 15 CA ADC § 3310
|End of Document|