§ 4622. Notice.
5 CA ADC § 4622BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 5.1. Uniform Complaint Procedures
Subchapter 1. Complaint Procedures
Article 3. Local Educational Agency (LEA) Compliance
5 CCR § 4622
§ 4622. Notice.
(a) Each LEA shall annually notify in writing, as applicable, its students, employees, parents or guardians of its students, the district advisory committees, school advisory committees, appropriate private school officials or representatives, and other interested parties of their LEA complaint procedures and the provisions of this chapter. The notice may be made available on the LEA's website.
(b) The notice shall:
(1) Include the title of the position whose occupant is responsible for processing complaints, and the identity(ies) of the person(s) currently occupying that position, if known;
(2) Advise of the opportunity to appeal the LEA Investigation Report to the CDE, except when the LEA has used its local uniform complaint procedures to address a complaint not described in section 4610(b);
(3) Advise the recipient of any civil law remedies that may also be available under state or federal discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying laws, if applicable, and of the appeal pursuant to Education Code section 262.3;
(4) Include the information required by Education Code section 33315(a)(7); and
(5) Include information regarding the requirements of Education Code sections 49010 through 49013 relating to pupil fees.
(c) The notice shall be in English, and when necessary, in the primary language, pursuant to Education Code section 48985, or mode of communication of the recipient of the notice.
(d) Copies of LEA complaint procedures shall be available free of charge.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 200, 220, 221.1, 262.3, 33031, 33315 and 49013, Education Code. Reference: Sections 200, 220 and 234.1, Education Code; Section 11135, Government Code; and 34 C.F.R. Sections 106.8 and 299.11.
1. New section filed 8-26-91; operative 9-25-91 (Register 92, No. 3).
2. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 12-29-2005; operative 12-29-2005 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2005, No. 52).
3. Amendment of section and Note filed 9-17-2013; operative 1-1-2014 (Register 2013, No. 38).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 5-21-2020; operative 7-1-2020 (Register 2020, No. 21).
This database is current through 9/11/20 Register 2020, No. 37
5 CCR § 4622, 5 CA ADC § 4622
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|