§ 71845. Continuing Education.
22 CA ADC § 71845BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 5. Licensing and Certification of Health Facilities, Home Health Agencies, Clinics, and Referral Agencies
Chapter 2.5. Certified Nurse Assistant Program
Article 4. Continuing Education and in-Service Training (Refs & Annos)
22 CCR § 71845
§ 71845. Continuing Education.
(a) Continuing education may be offered by an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, agency or public educational institution approved by the Department.
(b) Application for approval of new and renewal of existing continuing education programs shall be submitted to the Department at the address specified in Section 71833(b).
(1) Starting from the date the Department receives an application for a continuing education program, the applicant shall be informed within 30 days whether the application is complete and accepted for filing or that the application is deficient and what specific information is needed.
(2) An application shall be considered complete when received by the Department with all the requirements in subsection (c) included.
(3) Starting from the date a completed application is received, the Department will make a decision, whether to approve or disapprove it within 90 days. The Department's time frames for acting on an application for approval of a continuing education program are as follows:
(c) Application for approval of an initial continuing education programs shall include the following:
(1) A course title, course outline, core curriculum and lesson plan(s). Lesson plans shall include student performance standards and an outline of content to be provided for each particular lesson. Lesson plans must provide the Department with adequate detail (i.e., method, technique, procedure) to discern what is being taught. Plans must also include the method of evaluating the results of the training. Course content shall be designed to enhance knowledge and skills acquired during the basic certification training.
(2) The number of hours scheduled for presentation.
(3) A sample of an evaluation tool.
(d) Approved providers of continuing education shall maintain the program and attendance records of all students for period of four (4) years from the starting date of each class. The records shall be immediately accessible upon request.
(e) Authorization to participate as a continuing education provider shall be revoked if it is found that the program is not being conducted in accordance with the approved plan or in accordance with this chapter. The provider may submit a new application after ninety (90) days following revocation if deficiencies have been corrected.
(f) Providers shall request Departmental approval whenever changes are made to the program as originally approved.
(g) Providers shall submit a request for Department review and approval not later than thirty (30) days prior to a change in the program and within thirty (30) days following a change in staff.
(h) A nurse instructor shall hold a current valid license to practice as a licensed nurse.
(i) A consultant who is instructing in a health area which requires a license, must be currently licensed, registered or certified in his or her area of expertise.
(j) Continuing Education Credit.
(1) One (1) hour of classroom theory shall be accepted as one (1) hour of continuing education credit.
(2) Three (3) hours in course related clinical training shall be accepted as one (1) hour of continuing education credit.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 208(a), 1275 and 1338.3, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1337.1(c) and 1337.6(a), Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 7-16-91 as an emergency; operative 7-16-91 (Register 91, No. 46). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 11-13-91 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled 11-14-91 as an emergency; operative 11-13-91 (Register 92, No. 8). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL 3-12-92 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Editorial correction of History 2. filed and new section refiled 5-6-92 as an emergency; operative 5-6-92 (Register 92, No. 20). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL 9-3-92 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 5-6-92 order including amendment of subsection (b), new subsection (b)(1) and renumbering and amendment of following subsection, repealer of subsection (b)(2), new subsections (b)(3)-(b)(3)(C), amendment of subsections (c)(1) and (d), repealer of subsections (e)(1)-(2) and relettering of following subsections, and amendment of subsections (f), (g), and (i) transmitted to OAL 8-27-92 and filed 10-9-92 (Register 92, No. 41).
This database is current through 6/11/21 Register 2021, No. 24
22 CCR § 71845, 22 CA ADC § 71845
|End of Document|