§ 450.5. Priority List.
23 CA ADC § 450.5BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 2. Department of Water Resources
Chapter 2.3. Loan Programs Under the Water Conservation and Water Quality Bond Law of 1986, and the Water Conservation Bond Law of 1988 and Loan and Grant Programs for Local Projects Under the Safe, Clean, Reliable Water Supply Act
23 CCR § 450.5
§ 450.5. Priority List.
(a) The Department shall establish and maintain separate priority lists of construction projects, for the following: 1) water conservation projects; 2) groundwater recharge projects; 3) water supply projects; and 4) local projects. Construction loans of up to $5,000,000 per project shall be offered to applicants for each project in priority list order, as funds are available. The Department shall prepare new priority lists at least every two years until all available funds are committed, and may do so more frequently. When a new priority list is established, the previous priority list is superceded. Unless funds have been submitted in writing to a project on the superceded priority list, all projects on the superceded list shall be given priority for funding in accordance with the new priority list, and new or updated applications for those projects may be required by the Department.
(b) Priority Criteria for Eligible Groundwater Recharge Construction Projects. Projects will be ranked in priority order for construction loan funding on the basis of the following criteria. The relative weight to be given each criterion is expressed as a percentage:
(1) Economic justification, 25 percent.
(2) Overdraft reduction and alleviation of related problems, such as subsidence, saltwater intrusion or other water quality problems, 20 percent.
(3) Engineering and hydrogeologic feasibility, 35 percent.
(4) Critical need for the project in the community, 15 percent.
(5) Consistency with water management programs, 5 percent. Consideration may also be given to whether the applicable after management program or plans are current, complete, recognize the best water conservation practices, enjoy community support, and are being followed.
(c) Priority Criteria for Water Conservation Construction Projects. Projects will be ranked in priority order for construction loan funding on the basis of the following criteria. The relative weight to be given each criterion is expressed as a percentage:
(1) Cost Effectiveness, 50 percent. In assessing cost effectiveness, consideration will be given to both primary and secondary costs and benefits.
(2) Net water savings, 30 percent. In evaluating net water savings, the Department may consider impacts resulting from possible loss of use of water by any downstream user or for fish, wildlife or recreational purposes.
(3) Engineering and hydrologic feasibility, 20 percent.
(d) Priority Criteria for Water Supply Projects and Local Projects. Projects will be ranked in priority order on the basis of the following criteria. The relative weight to be given each criterion is expressed as a percentage:
(1) Cost effectiveness and economic justification, 50 percent. In assessing cost effectiveness, consideration will be given to both primary and secondary costs and benefits.
(2) Nature and extent of statewide interest in the proposed project, 10 percent.
(3) Engineering, hydrologic and/or hydrogeologic feasibility, 20 percent.
(4) Urgency of the need for the project in the community, 20 percent. In assessing the urgency of the need consideration will be given to the critical need for and financial feasibility of the project.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 12879.4 and 78680.20, Water Code. Reference: Sections 12879.2(h), 12879.5(c) and (e), 12879.6(c) and (d), 78680.12 and 78680.14, Water Code.
1. New section filed 5-21-87; operative 6-20-87 (Register 87, No. 22).
2. New subsection (a) and (c), amendment of existing provisions as (b)(6)-(10) filed 9-21-90; operative 10-21-90 (Register (90, No. 44).
3. Renumbering of former section 450.5 to section 450.6 and renumbering of former section 450.4 to section 450.5, with amendment of section and Note, filed 1-28-98; operative 2-27-98 (Register 98, No. 5).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 450.5, 23 CA ADC § 450.5
|End of Document|