§ 64572. Water Main Separation.
22 CA ADC § 64572BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 4. Environmental Health
Chapter 16. California Waterworks Standards
Article 4. Materials and Installation of Water Mains and Appurtenances
22 CCR § 64572
§ 64572. Water Main Separation.
(a) New water mains and new supply lines shall not be installed in the same trench as, and shall be at least 10 feet horizontally from and one foot vertically above, any parallel pipeline conveying:
(1) Untreated sewage,
(2) Primary or secondary treated sewage,
(3) Disinfected secondary-2.2 recycled water (defined in section 60301.220),
(4) Disinfected secondary-23 recycled water (defined in section 60301.225), and
(5) Hazardous fluids such as fuels, industrial wastes, and wastewater sludge.
(b) New water mains and new supply lines shall be installed at least 4 feet horizontally from, and one foot vertically above, any parallel pipeline conveying:
(1) Disinfected tertiary recycled water (defined in section 60301.230), and
(2) Storm drainage.
(c) New supply lines conveying raw water to be treated for drinking purposes shall be installed at least 4 feet horizontally from, and one foot vertically below, any water main.
(d) If crossing a pipeline conveying a fluid listed in subsection (a) or (b), a new water main shall be constructed no less than 45-degrees to and at least one foot above that pipeline. No connection joints shall be made in the water main within eight horizontal feet of the fluid pipeline.
(e) The vertical separation specified in subsections (a), (b), and (c) is required only when the horizontal distance between a water main and pipeline is less than ten feet.
(f) New water mains shall not be installed within 100 horizontal feet of the nearest edge of any sanitary landfill, wastewater disposal pond, or hazardous waste disposal site, or within 25 horizontal feet of the nearest edge of any cesspool, septic tank, sewage leach field, seepage pit, underground hazardous material storage tank, or groundwater recharge project site.
(g) The minimum separation distances set forth in this section shall be measured from the nearest outside edge of each pipe barrel.
(h) With State Board approval, newly installed water mains may be exempt from the separation distances in this section, except subsection (f), if the newly installed main is:
(1) less than 1320 linear feet,
(2) replacing an existing main, installed in the same location, and has a diameter no greater than six inches more than the diameter of the main it is replacing, and
(3) installed in a manner that minimizes the potential for contamination, including, but not limited to:
(A) sleeving the newly installed main, or
(B) utilizing upgraded piping material
Note: Authority cited: Sections 116271, 116350 and 116375, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 116275 and 116375, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 2-8-2008; operative 3-9-2008 (Register 2008, No. 6).
2. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (h) and Note filed 6-2-2015 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2015, No. 23).
This database is current through 9/3/21 Register 2021, No. 36
22 CCR § 64572, 22 CA ADC § 64572
|End of Document|