§ 7961. Public Beaches Visited by More Than 50, 000 People Annually and Adjacent to Storm Drain...
17 CA ADC § 7961BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 1. State Department of Health Services
Chapter 5. Sanitation (Environmental)
Subchapter 1. Engineering (Sanitary)
Group 10. Sanitation, Healthfulness and Safety of Ocean Water-Contact Sports Areas
Article 4. Healthfulness (Refs & Annos)
17 CCR § 7961
§ 7961. Public Beaches Visited by More Than 50,000 People Annually and Adjacent to Storm Drains.
(a) Waters adjacent to a public beach shall be tested for bacteria identified in Section 7958 on at least a weekly basis from April 1 to October 31, inclusive, if the beach is
(1) Visited by more than 50,000 people annually, and
(2) Located adjacent to a storm drain that flows in the summer.
(b) Water samples shall be taken from locations that include areas affected by storm drains. Samples shall be taken in ankle- to knee-deep water, approximately 4 to 24 inches below the water surface.
(c) When testing reveals that the waters adjacent to a public beach fail to meet any of the standards set forth in Section 7958(a)(1) the local health officer shall post the beach pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 115915, and shall use the standards of Section 7958(a)(1) and (2) in determining the necessity to restrict the use of or close the public beach or portion thereof.
(d) In the event of a known release of untreated sewage into waters adjacent to a public beach, the local health officer shall:
(1) Immediately post and close the beach or a portion thereof, or otherwise restrict its use until the source of the sewage release is eliminated;
(2) Sample the affected waters; and
(3) Continue closure or restriction of the beach or a portion thereof and posting the beach until testing results establish that the standards of Section 7958(a)(1) are satisfied.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 100275, 115880 and 116075, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 115880, 116075 and 116080, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 7-26-99 as an emergency; operative 7-26-99 (Register 99, No. 31). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 11-23-99 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 7-26-99 order transmitted to OAL 10-15-99 and filed 11-30-99 (Register 99, No. 49).
This database is current through 1/14/22 Register 2022, No. 2
17 CCR § 7961, 17 CA ADC § 7961
|End of Document|