§ 80025.5. Emergency Designated Subjects Career Technical Education Permit for 30-Day Substitut...
5 CA ADC § 80025.5BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 8. Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Chapter 1. Credentials Issued Under the Teacher Preparation and Licensing Law of 1970
Article 2. Credential Types, Authorizations, and Requirements
5 CCR § 80025.5
§ 80025.5. Emergency Designated Subjects Career Technical Education Permit for 30-Day Substitute Teaching Service.
(a) Requirements for issuance and reissuance of the Designated Subjects Career Technical Education Permit for 30-Day Substitute Teaching Service include all of the following:
(1) High School Diploma or equivalent as defined in Section 80034.1(b);
(2) Verification, by employers, of three years of work experience directly related to an industry sector listed in Section 80035.5. One year of the required work experience shall be within the last five years, or two years within the last ten years, immediately preceding the issuance of the permit. One or more of the following may be used for up to a maximum of two of the three years of work experience:
(A) Possession of an advanced industry certificate related to the industry sector to be named on the permit may be used as one year of work experience;
(B) One year of full-time teaching experience providing instructional services in preschool or grades K-12 earned in a public or private school of equivalent status while holding a general education teaching credential based on completion of a teacher preparation program and student teaching may be used as one year of work experience;
(C) Forty-eight semester units or the quarter unit equivalent of postsecondary vocational training, related to the industry sector(s) to be named on the permit and verified by official transcript, may be substituted for a maximum of two of the three years of work experience.
(3) Submission of a completed Application for Credential Authorizing Public School Service as specified in Section 80001; verification of completion of requirements specified in Subsections (a)(1), and (a)(2), above; verification of completion of livescan, unless clearance is already on file with the Commission; and payment of a fee as specified in Section 80487.
(b) Authorization. The Emergency Designated Subjects Career Technical Education Permit for 30-Day Substitute Teaching Service authorizes the holder to serve as a substitute in any classroom in any county in which the permit is registered provided the employing agency has a completed Statement of Need. Such substitute teaching shall be part of a program of technical, trade or vocational education. However, the holder shall not serve as a substitute for more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year.
(c) The Statement of Need for 30-day Substitute Teachers must:
(1) describe the situation or circumstances that necessitate the use of an emergency permit holder, and
(2) state that either a credentialed person is not available, or that one or more credentialed persons are available, but do not meet the specified employment criteria established by the employing agency, and
(3) be prepared and signed by, as applicable, the superintendent of the employing school district, the superintendent of the employing county if the service will be rendered in county operated schools, or the head of the state agency under which the employing school operates.
(d) An Emergency Designated Subjects Career Technical Education Permit for 30-Day Substitute Teaching is valid for no less than one year and expires one calendar year from the first day of the month immediately following the date of issuance.
Note: Authority cited: Section 44225, Education Code. Reference: Section 44300(g), Education Code.
1. New section filed 4-10-95; operative 5-10-95 (Register 95, No. 15).
2. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a)(3) filed 5-11-2009 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2009, No. 20).
3. Amendment of section heading and section filed 7-10-2013; operative 10-1-2013 (Register 2013, No. 28).
This database is current through 7/29/22 Register 2022, No. 30
5 CCR § 80025.5, 5 CA ADC § 80025.5
|End of Document|