(a) A STAR-certified station may contest suspension by submitting a written request for an informal hearing via email or U.S. mail within five (5) days from the date the station received the suspension notice.
(b) If the Bureau receives a timely written request for an informal hearing:
(1) the Bureau shall stay the suspension, pending the outcome of that hearing;
(2) the Bureau shall notify the STAR-certified station of the time and place of the hearing; and
(3) the Bureau will hold an informal hearing on the contested suspension as follows:
(A) not later than ten (10) days after the date on which the Bureau received a timely request for the informal hearing;
(B) limited in scope to the time period, facts, and allegations specified in the notice prepared by the Bureau; and
(C) conducted by the chief of the Bureau or the chief's designee.
(c) Within ten (10) days after the close of the informal hearing, the Bureau shall notify the STAR-certified station of the decision to either rescind the suspension, affirm the suspension, or reduce the period of the suspension.
(d) Within 30 days after the date of the decision, the STAR-certified station may request an administrative review, pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 11500) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 44001.5, 44014.2 and 44014.5, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 44014.2, 44014.5 and 44014.6, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 11-1-2011; operative 11-1-2011 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2011, No. 44). For prior history, see Register 2003, No. 18.
2. Repealer of former section 3392.4 and renumbering of former section 3392.6.1 to new section 3392.4, including amendment of section heading, section and Note, filed 5-5-2022; operative 7-1-2022 (Register 2022, No. 18). (Filing deadline specified in Government Code section 11349.3(a) extended 60 calendar days pursuant to Executive Order N-40-20 and an additional 60 calendar days pursuant to Executive Order N-71-20.)
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 16, § 3392.4, 16 CA ADC § 3392.4