§ 53021. Recruitment.
5 CA ADC § 53021BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 6. California Community Colleges
Chapter 4. Employees
Subchapter 1. Equal Employment Opportunity Programs
Article 2. Other Specific Responsibilities of Community College Districts
5 CCR § 53021
§ 53021. Recruitment.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, community college districts shall actively recruit from both within and outside the district work force to attract qualified applicants for all vacancies. This shall include outreach designed to ensure that all persons are provided the opportunity to seek employment with the district. The requirement of open recruitment shall apply to all full-time and part-time vacancies in all job categories and classifications, including, but not limited to, faculty, classified employees, categorically funded positions, and all executive/administrative/managerial positions. Recruitment for full-time faculty and educational administrator positions shall be at least statewide and, at a minimum, shall include seeking qualified applicants listed in the California Community Colleges Equal Employment Opportunity Registry and posting job announcements with the Registry. Recruitment for part-time faculty positions may be conducted separately for each vacancy or by annually establishing a pool of eligible candidates, but in either case full and open recruitment is required consistent with this section.
(b)(1) “In-house or promotional only” recruitment shall not be used to fill any vacancy for any position described in subdivision (a) except when the position is being filled on an interim basis for the minimum time necessary to allow for full and open recruitment; provided however, that no interim appointment or series of interim appointments exceeds two years in duration.
(2) Where in-house or promotional only recruitment is utilized to fill a position on an interim basis pursuant to subdivision (b)(1), all district employees shall be afforded the opportunity to apply and demonstrate that they are qualified.
(3) The job announcement for the interim position shall comply with section 53022 and the selection process shall be consistent with the requirements of this subchapter.
(c) For purposes of this section, a vacancy is not created, and the requirements of subdivisions (a) and (b) do not apply, when:
(1) there is a reorganization that does not result in a net increase in the number of employees;
(2) one or more lateral transfers are made and there is no net increase in the number of employees;
(3) a position which is currently occupied by an incumbent is upgraded, reclassified, or renamed without significantly altering the duties being performed by the individual;
(4) the faculty in a division or department elect one faculty member to serve as a chairperson for a prescribed limited term;
(5) the position is filled by a temporary, short-term, or substitute employee appointed pursuant to Education Code sections 87422, 87480, 87482.5(b), 88003, 88106 or 88109;
(6) a part-time faculty member is assigned to teach the same or fewer hours he or she has previously taught in the same discipline without a substantial break in service. For purposes of this section, “a substantial break in service” means more than one calendar year or such different period as may be defined by a collective bargaining agreement; or
(7) an individual not currently employed by the district, who is specially trained, experienced, and competent to serve as an administrator, and who satisfies the minimum qualifications applicable to the position, is engaged to serve as an administrator through a professional services contract. No appointment or series of appointments pursuant to this provision may exceed a period of two years.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 66271.1, 66700 and 70901, Education Code; and Section 11138, Government Code. Reference: Statutes 1988, chapter 923, Section 4; Sections 66010.2, 66030, 66071, 66270 and 87360, Education Code; and Sections 11135-11139.5, Government Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 3-26-92; operative 4-24-92 (Register 92, No. 17).
2. Amendment subsections (b) and (d)-(e)(2) filed 9-6-94; operative 10-6-94. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 94, No. 38).
3. Amendment of subsections (a) and (b)(1)-(b)(2), repealer of subsection (b)(3), amendment of subsections (c), (d) and (e)(1)-(e)(4) and new subsection (e)(5) filed 5-31-96; operative 6-30-96. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 96, No. 23).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 7-12-2002; operative 8-11-2002. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 2002, No. 35).
5. Amendment filed 11-5-2003; operative 12-5-2003. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 2003, No. 46).
6. Amendment filed 9-19-2013; operative 10-19-2013. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 2013, No. 38).
This database is current through 11/3/17 Register 2017, No. 44
5 CCR § 53021, 5 CA ADC § 53021
|End of Document||© 2017 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|