§ 20711. Ballot Designation Worksheet.
2 CA ADC § 20711BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
2 CCR § 20711
§ 20711. Ballot Designation Worksheet.
(a) In order to facilitate review of a candidate's proposed ballot designation by the Secretary of State pursuant to Elections Code § 13107, the candidate shall submit, at the time of filing his or her proposed ballot designation on the Declaration of Candidacy, a completed Ballot Designation Worksheet on a form provided by the Secretary of State.
(b) All Ballot Designation Worksheets filed with the Office of the Secretary of State or the county elections officials pursuant to this section shall be public records and shall be available for inspection and copying at the public counter of the Elections Division of the Office of the Secretary of State, Fifth Floor, 1500 11th Street, Sacramento, California 95814, or at the office of the applicable county elections official.
(c) The Secretary of State shall provide a master copy or copies of the Ballot Designation Worksheet to all elections officials responsible for providing and accepting the nomination documents for candidates in elections for offices certified by the Secretary of State. The Ballot Designation Worksheet shall request that the candidate proposing the ballot designation provide the following information:
(1) The candidate's name, home, business and mailing addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail address, if available, and fax number;
(2) A designation of the office for which the candidate is seeking election;
(3) The name, home, business and mailing addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail address, if available, and fax number of the attorney representing the candidate or for any other person to be contacted in the event the Secretary of State requires further information regarding the proposed ballot designation;
(4) The proposed ballot designation submitted by the candidate;
(5) The candidate may submit one or more proposed alternate ballot designations ranked in order of the candidate's preference;
(6) A brief statement identifying the factual basis upon which the candidate claims the proposed ballot designation and each proposed alternate ballot designation, including the following:
(A) If the candidate holds elected office and is submitting his or her proposed ballot designation pursuant to Elections Code § 13107, subdivisions (a)(1) or (a)(2), the candidate shall indicate the elective office he or she currently occupies and may attach a copy of his or her Certificate of Election;
(B) If the candidate is a judicial officer and is submitting his or her proposed ballot designation pursuant to Elections Code § 13107, subdivisions (a)(1) or (a)(2), the candidate shall indicate the elective office he or she currently holds and may attach either (A) a copy of his or her Certificate of Election or (B) a copy of his or her commission or certificate of appointment, issued at the time the candidate was appointed to the judicial office which he or she currently occupies;
(C) If the candidate submits a ballot designation pursuant to Elections Code § 13107, subdivision (a)(3), the candidate shall indicate:
(i) The title of the position or positions which he or she claims supports the proposed ballot designation;
(ii) The dates during which the candidate held such position;
(iii) A description of the work he or she performs in the position;
(iv) The name of the candidate's business or employer;
(v) The name and telephone number of a person or persons who could verify such information; and
(vi) A statement that the professions, vocations or occupations relied upon to support the proposed ballot designation constitute the primary, main or leading professions, vocations or occupations of the candidate, in accordance with the definition of the term “principal” as set forth at § 20714, subdivision (b).
(D) If the candidate submits a ballot designation pursuant to Elections Code § 13107, subdivision (a)(4), the candidate shall indicate the date on which he or she was appointed to the office for which he or she is an appointed incumbent.
(d) The candidate may attach or append any supporting documents or other exhibits to his or her Ballot Designation Worksheet which he or she believes support his or her proposed ballot designation. Such attached documents or other exhibits shall be deemed to be incorporated by reference as part of the candidate's Ballot Designation Worksheet and shall be considered as such by the Secretary of State.
(e) If a candidate requests a change of his or her ballot designation pursuant to Elections Code § 13107(e), that request shall be accompanied by a Ballot Designation Worksheet.
Note: Authority Authority cited: Section 12172.5, Government Code. Reference: Sections 13107 and 13107.3, Elections Code.
1. New section filed 1-14-98; operative 1-14-98 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 98, No. 3).
2. Amendment of subsections (a), (c)(5), (c)(6)(A)-(C) and (c)(6)(D), new subsection (e) and amendment of Note filed 12-21-2009; operative 12-21-2009 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2009, No. 52).
This database is current through 11/19/21 Register 2021, No. 47
2 CCR § 20711, 2 CA ADC § 20711
|End of Document|