§ 2762.12. Contractors.
19 CA ADC § 2762.12Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
19 CCR § 2762.12
§ 2762.12. Contractors.
(a) Application. This section applies to contractors performing maintenance or repair, supply services, turnaround, major renovation, or specialty work on or adjacent to a covered process. It does not apply to contractors providing incidental services which do not influence process safety, such as janitorial work, food and drink services, laundry, delivery or other supply services.
(1) The owner or operator, when selecting a contractor, shall obtain and evaluate information regarding the contract owner or operator's safety performance and programs and shall require that its contractors and any subcontractors use a skilled and trained workforce pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 25536.7.
(2) The owner or operator shall inform the contract owner or operator and shall ensure that the contract owner or operator has informed each of its employees of the work practices necessary to safely perform his or her jobs, including but not limited to: the potential hazards related to their jobs; applicable refinery safety rules; and in the applicable provisions of the stationary source's emergency action plan.
(1) The contract owner or operator shall ensure that each contract employee is trained in the work practices necessary to safely perform his or her jobs, including but not limited to: the potential hazards related to their jobs; applicable refinery safety rules; and in the applicable provisions of the stationary source's emergency action plan, and shall meet the requirements of Health and Safety Code Section 25536.7.
(5) Nothing in this subsection shall preclude the stationary source owner or operator from requiring a contractor or an employee of a contractor to whom information is made available under this section to enter into a confidentiality agreement prohibiting him or her from disclosing such information, as set forth in CCR Title 8, Section 5194(i).
Note: Authority cited: Section 8585, Government Code; and Sections 25531, 25536.7 and 25534.05, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 8585, Government Code; Section 25531, Health and Safety Code; and Section 68.87, Part 68, Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations.
1. New section filed 8-3-2017; operative 10-1-2017 (Register 2017, No. 31).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 19, § 2762.12, 19 CA ADC § 2762.12
|End of Document|