§ 59327. Informal Resolution.
5 CA ADC § 59327BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 6. California Community Colleges
Chapter 10. Community College Administration
Subchapter 5. Nondiscrimination in Programs Receiving State Financial Assistance Through the Chancellor or Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges
Article 3. District Compliance and Enforcement
5 CCR § 59327
§ 59327. Informal Resolution.
(a) Whenever any person brings charges of unlawful discrimination to the attention of the responsible district officer designated pursuant to section 59324, that officer shall:
(1) undertake efforts to informally resolve the charges;
(2) advise the complainant that he or she need not participate in informal resolution;
(3) notify the person bringing the charges of his or her right to file a complaint, as defined in section 59311, and of the procedure for filing such a complaint pursuant to section 59328;
(4) advise the complainant that he or she may file his or her nonemployment-based complaint with the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education (OCR) where such a complaint is within that agency's jurisdiction; and
(5) advise the complainant that he or she may file his or her employment-based complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and/or the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) where the complaint is within the jurisdiction of those agencies.
(b) Efforts at informal resolution pursuant to subdivision (a)(1) need not include any investigation unless the responsible district officer determines that an investigation is warranted by the seriousness of the charges.
(c) Efforts at informal resolution may continue after the filing of a formal written complaint, but after a complaint is filed an investigation is required to be conducted pursuant to section 59334 and must be completed unless the matter is informally resolved and the complainant dismisses the formal complaint or the complainant files with the DFEH and the Chancellor elects not to require further investigation pursuant to section 59328(f)(2). Any efforts at informal resolution after the filing of a written complaint shall not exceed the ninety (90) day period for rendering the administrative determination pursuant to section 59336.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 66271.1, 66700 and 70901, Education Code; and Section 11138, Government Code. Reference: Sections 66250 et seq. and 72011, Education Code; and Sections 11135 and 11136, Government Code.
1. New section filed 5-31-96; operative 6-30-96. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 96, No. 23).
2. Amendment of subsections (a)(3) and (c) filed 2-7-2001; operative 3-9-2001. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 2001, No. 6).
3. Amendment filed 3-20-2002; operative 4-19-2002. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 2002, No. 13).
4. Change without regulatory effect amending section and Note filed 3-15-2006 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 2006, No. 17).
This database is current through 7/24/20 Register 2020, No. 30
5 CCR § 59327, 5 CA ADC § 59327
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|