§ 25601. Safe Harbor Clear and Reasonable Warnings - Methods and Content. [Operative August 30,...
27 CA ADC § 25601BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 27. Environmental Protection
Division 4. Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment
Chapter 1. Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986
Article 6. Clear and Reasonable Warnings [Operative August 30, 2018. For Current Law, See Sections Under Article 6, Operative Until August 30, 2018.]
Subarticle 2. Safe Harbor Methods and Content
27 CCR § 25601
§ 25601. Safe Harbor Clear and Reasonable Warnings - Methods and Content. [Operative August 30, 2018]
(a) A warning is “clear and reasonable” within the meaning of Section 25249.6 of the Act if the warning complies with all applicable requirements of this article.
(b) Except as provided in Section 25603(c), a warning meets the requirements of this subarticle if the name of one or more of the listed chemicals in the consumer product or affected area for which the warning is being provided is included in the text of the warning. Where a warning is being provided for more than one endpoint (cancer and reproductive toxicity) the warning must include the name of one or more chemicals for each endpoint, unless the named chemical is listed as known to cause both cancer and reproductive toxicity and has been so identified in the warning.
(c) Consumer product exposure warnings must be prominently displayed on a label, labeling, or sign, and must be displayed with such conspicuousness as compared with other words, statements, designs or devices on the label, labeling, or sign, as to render the warning likely to be seen, read, and understood by an ordinary individual under customary conditions of purchase or use.
(d) Environmental exposure warnings must be provided in a conspicuous manner and under such conditions as to make the warning likely to be seen, read, and understood by an ordinary individual in the course of normal daily activity.
(e) The warning content may contain information that is supplemental to the content required by this subarticle only to the extent that it identifies the source of the exposure or provides information on how to avoid or reduce exposure to the identified chemical or chemicals. Such supplemental information is not a substitute for the warning content required by this subarticle.
Note: Authority cited: Section 25249.12, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 25249.6, Health and Safety Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 6-7-89 as an emergency; operative 7-1-89 (Register 89, No. 24). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 10-30-89. For prior history, see Register 88, No. 53.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-7-89 order transmitted to OAL 10-23-89 and filed 11-22-89 (Register 89, No. 48).
3. Editorial correction of printing error in subsection (c)(1)(C) (Register 91, No. 31).
4. New subsections (b)(2)(A)-(b)(2)(B)3. filed 8-27-2002; operative 9-26-2002 (Register 2002, No. 35).
5. Amendment filed 1-7-2003; operative 2-6-2003 (Register 2003, No. 2).
6. Change without regulatory effect renumbering title 22, division 2, subdivision 1, chapter 3, article 6 (section 12601) to title 27, division 4, chapter 1, article 6 (section 25601) and renumbering title 22, section 12601 to title 27, section 25601, including amendment of subsections (b)(2)(B) and (b)(2)(B)2., filed 6-18-2008 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2008, No. 25).
7. Change without regulatory effect amending section filed 9-5-2008 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2008, No. 36).
8. New subarticle 2 (sections 25601-25607.31) and repealer and new section filed 8-30-2016; operative 8-30-2018 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(2). For current law, see sections under Article 6, operative until August 30, 2018 (Register 2016, No. 36).
9. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 11-20-2017; operative 8-30-2018 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(2) (Register 2017, No. 47).
This database is current through 7/6/18 Register 2018, No. 27
27 CCR § 25601, 27 CA ADC § 25601
|End of Document||© 2018 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|