§ 2642. Visual Monitoring.
23 CA ADC § 2642BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 3. State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 16. Underground Tank Regulations
Article 4. Existing Underground Storage Tank Monitoring Requirements
23 CCR § 2642
§ 2642. Visual Monitoring.
(a) An owner or operator who is required pursuant to section 2641(d) to implement a visual monitoring program shall comply with all of the following requirements:
(1) All visible exterior surfaces of an underground storage tank, including any visible horizontal surface directly beneath the underground storage tank, shall be inspected at least daily by direct viewing. The inspection schedule shall be established so that some inspections are conducted when the substance in the underground storage tank is at its highest level;
(2) A written statement of the routine monitoring procedure shall be available at the facility and the record shall include the frequency of visual inspections, the location(s) from which inspections will be made, the name(s) and title(s) of the person(s) responsible for inspections, and the reporting format;
(3) Written records shall be maintained according to section 2712 of Article 10 and shall specify the liquid level in the underground storage tank at the time of each inspection. These records shall also include a description of any sampling, analyses, and testing procedures conducted to satisfy subsection (b) of this section, including any minimum levels of detection used.
(b) If any liquid is observed around or beneath the underground storage tank system, the owner or operator shall determine if an unauthorized release has occurred. An underground storage tank integrity test shall be conducted, if necessary, to determine whether the underground storage tank system is leaking. If a leak is confirmed, the owner or operator shall comply with the release reporting requirements in Article 5 and shall replace, repair, upgrade, or close the tank in accordance with the applicable provisions of this chapter.
(c) Visual monitoring of the exposed portion of a partially concealed underground storage tank shall not relieve an owner or operator from monitoring the concealed portion of the tank using a non-visual monitoring method as specified in section 2641.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 25299.3 and 25299.7, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 25292 and 25293, Health and Safety Code.
1. Amendment filed 8-9-91 as an emergency; operative 8-9-91. Text remains in effect uninterrupted pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 25299.7 (Register 92, No. 14).
2. Editorial correction of printing errors in History 1 (Register 92, No. 43).
3. Amendment filed 4-5-94; operative 5-5-94 (Register 94, No. 14).
4. Editorial correction renumbering Histories (Register 99, No. 7).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 2642, 23 CA ADC § 2642
|End of Document|