§ 370.24. Mobile Homes.
23 CA ADC § 370.24BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
23 CCR § 370.24
§ 370.24. Mobile Homes.
(a) General. Acquisition of Mobile Homes. The Department may purchase mobile homes where:
(1) The structural condition of the mobile home is such that it cannot be moved without substantial damage or unreasonable cost; or
(2) The mobile home is owner-occupied as a primary residence and is not a decent, safe and sanitary dwelling unit as defined in Section 370.04(c) of this Article and the decent, safe and sanitary deficiencies cannot be remedied at a reasonable cost.
(3) The mobile home is owner-occupied as a primary residence, and there are no adequate mobile home sites available in which to relocate the displacee's mobile home.
(b) Partial Acquisition of Mobile Home Park. Where the Department determines that a sufficient portion of a mobile home park is taken to justify the operator of such park to move his business or go out of business the owners and occupants of the mobile home dwellings not within the actual taking but who are forced to move shall be eligible to receive the same payments as though their dwellings were within the actual taking.
(c) Mobile Homes as Replacement Dwellings. A mobile home may be considered a replacement dwelling provided:
(1) The mobile home meets decent, safe and sanitary standards as provided in Section 370.04(c);
(2) The mobile home is placed in a fixed location;
(A) In a mobile home park which is licensed and operating under State law; or
(B) In a mobile home subdivision wherein the displaced person owns the lot on which the mobile home is placed; or
(C) On real property owned or leased by the displaced person in other than a mobile home subdivision, provided such placement is in accordance with State and local laws or ordinances and provided such placement was made under permit from the State or local agency.
(d) Computation on Next Highest Type. When a comparable mobile home is not available it will be necessary to calculate the replacement housing payment on the basis of the next highest type of dwelling that is available and meets the applicable requirements and standards, i.e., a higher type mobile home or a conventional dwelling.
(1) “Not available” as used in this subsection includes, but is not limited to, those cases where mobile homes cannot be relocated in mobile home parks within a reasonable distance from the place of dislocation because of lack of available spaces or because of the standards and rules of the mobile home parks where spaces are available.
(e) General Provisions. The general provisions for moving expenses and replacement housing payments of Sections 370.11 and 370.16 of this Article are also applicable to owners and tenants of mobile homes.
Note: Authority cited: Section 7267.8, Government Code. Reference: Section 7268, Government Code.
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 370.24, 23 CA ADC § 370.24
|End of Document|