§ 1366.3. Administration of Training.
16 CA ADC § 1366.3BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations
Division 13. Medical Board of California [FNA1]
Chapter 3. Affiliated Healing Arts
Article 2. Medical Assistants (Refs & Annos)
16 CCR § 1366.3
§ 1366.3. Administration of Training.
(a) Training required in Sections 1366, 1366.1 or 1366.2 may be administered in either of these settings:
(1) Under a licensed physician or podiatrist, who shall ascertain the proficiency of the medical assistant; or under a registered nurse, licensed vocational nurse, physician assistant or a qualified medical assistant acting under the direction of a licensed physician or podiatrist who shall be responsible for determining the content of the training and the proficiency of the medical assistant except that training to administer medication by inhalation shall be provided by a licensed physician or respiratory care practitioner; or
(2) In a secondary, postsecondary, or adult education program in a public school authorized by the Department of Education, in a community college program provided for in Part 48 of Division 7 of the Education Code, or a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education under Sections 94130 or 94311 of the Education Code. A licensed physician or podiatrist shall serve as advisor to the medical assistant training program. The instructor in a public school setting shall possess a valid teaching credential issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. The instructor in a private postsecondary institution shall meet the requirements of Sections 94310 and 94311 of the Education Code and any regulations adopted pursuant to those sections.
(b) The supervising physician or podiatrist, pursuant to subsection (a)(1) or the instructor pursuant to subsection (a)(2) shall certify in writing the place and date such training was administered, the content and duration of the training, and that the medical assistant was observed by the certifying physician, podiatrist, or instructor to demonstrate competence in the performance of each such task or service, and shall sign the certification. More than one task or service may be certified in a single document; separate certifications shall be made for subsequent training in additional tasks or services.
(c) For purposes of this section only, a “qualified medical assistant” is a medical assistant who:
(1) is certified by a medical assistant certifying organization approved by the division;
(2) holds a credential to teach in a medical assistant training program at a community college; or
(3) is authorized to teach medical assistants in a private postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 2018 and 2071, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 2069, 2070 and 2071, Business and Professions Code.
1. Renumbering and amendment of former section 1366.1 to section 1366.3 filed 3-20-92; operative 4-20-92 (Register 92, No. 13).
2. Amendment of subsections (a)(1)-(2) filed 10-26-94; operative 11-25-94 (Register 94, No. 43).
3. Amendment of subsections (a)(1) and (a)(2), new subsections (c)-(c)(3) and amendment of Note filed 3-23-99; operative 4-22-99 (Register 99, No. 13).
This database is current through 5/10/19 Register 2019, No. 19
16 CCR § 1366.3, 16 CA ADC § 1366.3
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|