§ 120. Re-Examination.
16 CA ADC § 120BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations
Division 2. California Board of Architectural Examiners
Article 3. Examinations (Refs & Annos)
16 CCR § 120
§ 120. Re-Examination.
(a) Credit for divisions of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) passed prior to January 1, 2006 shall expire on July 1, 2014 unless all divisions of the ARE have been passed and credited.
(b) Effective January 1, 2006, candidates for the ARE shall receive conditional credit for each division passed and shall be required to retake only those divisions of the ARE previously failed or those divisions passed on or after January 1, 2006 for which the conditional credit has expired. Conditional credit shall remain valid for five years after the date the division was passed for which conditional credit was granted. Conditional credit shall become full credit only if the conditional credit is within its five-year period of validity and the candidate has passed all remaining divisions of the ARE. Candidates who have received full credit for all divisions of the ARE shall be deemed to have passed the ARE.
(c) A candidate who has failed a division of the ARE or who has failed to appear for a scheduled division of the ARE shall not be permitted to take any subsequent division of the ARE unless he or she has reapplied properly to NCARB or its authorized representative for the division(s).
(d) A candidate who has failed a division of the ARE shall not be permitted to reapply to NCARB or its authorized representative for that previously failed division within six (6) months after the date that the candidate last failed the division.
Note: Authority cited: Section 5526, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 5550, Business and Professions Code.
1. Repealer filed 12-12-78; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 78, No. 50). For former history, see Register 73, No. 10.
2. New section filed 2-18-81; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 8).
3. Repealer and new section filed 3-22-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 13).
4. Amendment filed 10-16-96; operative 10-16-96 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 96, No. 42).
5. Redesignation of existing section as subsections (a), (c) and (d), amendment of newly designated subsection (a) and new subsection (b) filed 12-30-2005; operative 1-1-2006 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2005, No. 52).
6. Amendment of subsections (a)-(b) filed 5-5-2014; operative 7-1-2014 (Register 2014, No. 19).
This database is current through 7/24/20 Register 2020, No. 30
16 CCR § 120, 16 CA ADC § 120
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|