§ 1030. Definitions.
23 CA ADC § 1030BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 3. State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 4.5. Implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act of 2014
Article 1. Definitions
23 CCR § 1030
§ 1030. Definitions.
(a) “Accuracy” means the measured volume relative to the actual volume, expressed as a percent. The percent shall be calculated as 100 x (measured value - actual value) / actual value.
(1) “Measured value” is the value indicated by the device or measurement method or determined through calculations, such as flow rate combined with duration of flow.
(2) “Actual value” is the value as determined through laboratory, design, or field testing protocols.
(b) “Agency” means a groundwater sustainability agency as defined in section 10721 of the Water Code.
(c) “Board” means the State Water Resources Control Board.
(d) “Board's website” means www.waterboards.ca.gov.
(e) “Calibration” means the process used to check or adjust the accuracy of a meter following relevant industry established protocols.
(f) “De minimis extractor” has the same meaning as defined in section 10721 of the Water Code.
(g) “Domestic purposes” has the same meaning as “domestic uses” as defined in section 660 of Division 3 of Title 23 of the California Code of Regulations for the purposes of identifying if an extractor is a de minimis extractor.
(h) “Meter” means a device that measures groundwater extractions and that meets the requirements of section 1042.
(i) “Person” has the same meaning as defined in section 10735 of the Water Code.
(j) “Qualified individual” means one of the following:
(1) A California-registered Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist.
(2) A California-licensed contractor authorized by the State License Board for C-57 well drilling or C-61 Limited Specialty/D-21 Machinery and Pumps.
(3) An individual under the supervision of a California-registered Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist and employed to install, operate, and maintain water measurement and reporting devices or methods.
(4) The manufacturer of the device or a representative of the manufacturer.
(k) “Report” means a report of groundwater extraction as required by section 5202 of the Water Code that includes the information required by section 5203 of the Water Code.
(l) “Water year” has the same meaning as defined in section 10721 of the Water Code.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 348, 1529.5, 1530, 5107, 5208 and 10736(d) (3), Water Code. Reference: Sections 5202, 5203, 10721 and 10735, Water Code.
1. Amendment of chapter heading, new chapter 4.5 (articles 1-3, sections 1030-1046), new article 1 (section 1030) and new section filed 6-29-2017 as an emergency; operative 6-29-2017 (Register 2017, No. 26). Pursuant to Water Code section 348, this emergency regulation shall remain in effect until revised by the Board. For prior history of chapter 4.5, see Register 85, No. 40.
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 1030, 23 CA ADC § 1030
|End of Document|