§ 490.1. Applicability.
23 CA ADC § 490.1BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
23 CCR § 490.1
§ 490.1. Applicability.
(a) After December 1, 2015, and consistent with Executive Order No. B-29-15, this ordinance shall apply to all of the following landscape projects:
(1) new construction projects with an aggregate landscape area equal to or greater than 500 square feet requiring a building or landscape permit, plan check or design review;
(2) rehabilitated landscape projects with an aggregate landscape area equal to or greater than 2,500 square feet requiring a building or landscape permit, plan check, or design review;
(3) existing landscapes limited to Sections 493, 493.1 and 493.2; and
(4) cemeteries. Recognizing the special landscape management needs of cemeteries, new and rehabilitated cemeteries are limited to Sections 492.4, 492.11, and 492. 12; and existing cemeteries are limited to Sections 493, 493.1, and 493.2.
(b) For local land use agencies working together to develop a regional water efficient landscape ordinance, the reporting requirements of this ordinance shall become effective December 1, 2015 and the remainder of this ordinance shall be effective no later than February 1, 2016.
(c) Any project with an aggregate landscape area of 2,500 square feet or less may comply with the performance requirements of this ordinance or conform to the prescriptive measures contained in Appendix D.
(d) For projects using treated or untreated graywater or rainwater captured on site, any lot or parcel within the project that has less than 2500 sq. ft. of landscape and meets the lot or parcel's landscape water requirement (Estimated Total Water Use) entirely with treated or untreated graywater or through stored rainwater captured on site is subject only to Appendix D section (5).
(e) This ordinance does not apply to:
(1) registered local, state or federal historical sites;
(2) ecological restoration projects that do not require a permanent irrigation system;
(3) mined-land reclamation projects that do not require a permanent irrigation system; or
(4) existing plant collections, as part of botanical gardens and arboretums open to the public.
Note: Authority cited: Section 65595, Government Code; and sections 11 and 30, Governor's Exec. Order No. B-29-15 (April 1, 2015). Reference: Section 65596, Government Code; and section 11, Governor's Exec. Order No. B-29-15 (April 1, 2015).
1. New section filed 9-10-2009; operative 9-10-2009 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2009, No. 37).
2. Amendment of section and Note filed 9-15-2015; operative 9-15-2015. Exempt from OAL review and submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Governor's Executive Order No. B-29-15 (4-1-2015) (Register 2015, No. 38).
This database is current through 5/3/19 Register 2019, No. 18
23 CCR § 490.1, 23 CA ADC § 490.1
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|