(a) Following the effective date of this regulation, the department shall award the following big game license tag(s) using a random drawing system to eligible department-certified Hunter Education Instructors:
(1) Open zone deer, as described in title 14, CCR, section 360.
(2) Any additional big game license tags described in title 14, CCR, sections 360, 361, 363, and 364.
(b) Eligibility Criteria
(1) Only certified instructors who meet the following eligibility criteria may participate in Incentive Program drawings.
(2) To be eligible to participate in a drawing, instructors must have been in active status for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years, inclusive of the year prior to the drawing.
(3) To maintain active status, an instructor shall complete in-service training requirements, teach or assist in teaching at least one course per calendar year, and submit an annual income and expense record. The instructor must meet these requirements by December 31st of any given year to be considered eligible for an Incentive Program drawing offered the following year.
(4) Instructors with revoked or suspended Hunter Education Instructor certification are ineligible to participate in Incentive Program drawings.
(5) Paid staff within the department's Hunter Education Program are ineligible to participate in Incentive Program drawings.
(6) Instructors who are drawn and accept a tag or hunt shall not be eligible to participate in the next five annual Incentive Program drawings.
(c) General Conditions
(1) To enter a drawing for a Hunter Education Instructor big game tag described in subsection (a), an eligible instructor shall pay the nonrefundable application fee for a fund-raising tag random drawing entry form as specified in title 14, CCR, section 702 on or before June 2nd each year.
(2) Tags will only be issued to instructors with valid annual California hunting licenses.
(3) Hunter Education Instructors may apply for up to three fund-raising tag random drawings per license year.
(4) No applicant shall earn a preference point through this application process.
(5) Accumulated preference points from general big game drawings shall not be considered or applied in any Hunter Education Instructor Incentive Program drawings.
(6) Hunter Education Instructor Incentive Program big game tags are non-transferrable.
(7) Successful applicants and a list of alternates for each big game tag will be determined by random drawing within 10 business days following the application deadline date. If the drawing is delayed due to circumstances beyond the department's control, the department shall conduct the drawing at the earliest date possible.
(8) Unsuccessful applicants shall not be notified.
(9) Successful applicants shall claim their tags at the License and Revenue Branch, 1740 N. Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 by 5:00 p.m. on July 15 each year. If the deadline to claim the tags falls on a weekend or holiday, applicants can claim the tags until 5:00 p.m. on the first state business day following the deadline. Unclaimed tags shall be awarded to alternates in the order drawn.
Note: Authority cited: Section 3051, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 702, 3049, 3050, 3051 and 4334, Fish and Game Code.