(a) This section shall apply to the installation of motor vehicle windshields.
(1) “Cure time” means the length of time that, per the adhesive manufacturer, the windshield adhesive needs to cure until the windshield can properly function as a safety device pursuant to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and the vehicle manufacturer's specifications.
(c) An automotive repair dealer performing windshield installations shall:
(1) Use windshields that meet or exceed Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (49 C.F.R. 571.205 and 49 C.F.R. 571.212) and vehicle manufacturer specifications.
(2) Use windshield adhesives that meet or exceed vehicle manufacturer specifications. Adhesive systems shall be used in accordance with the adhesive manufacturer's specifications and adhesives shall be applied in accordance with vehicle manufacturer specifications.
(3) Provide an estimate per § 3353 notifying the customer that installation of the windshield will prevent operation of the vehicle for a period of time and whether the windshield is an original equipment manufacturer part or a nonoriginal equipment manufacturer part.
(4) Provide an invoice per § 3356 notifying the customer of the cure time, the date and time upon which the installation was completed, and whether the windshield is an original equipment manufacturer part or a nonoriginal equipment manufacturer part.
Note: Authority cited: Section 9882, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 9880.3 and 9884.8, Business and Professions Code; and Section 26703, Vehicle Code.
1. New section filed 10-17-2016; operative 1-1-2017 (Register 2016, No. 43).
This database is current through 11/18/22 Register 2022, No. 46.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 16, § 3365.1, 16 CA ADC § 3365.1